Re: [z_scale] Photo etch ideas

  • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      Dear Ed,

      I found the relevant information on snow plow and cow catcher in scale Z.
      In an advertisement of ASPEN MODEL INC., http://www.Aspenmodel.com or e-mail
      Postmaster@..., I found WESTMODEL Oldtime Snow Plow for steam
      locomotives (Cat. No. 40033) and WESTMODEL Old time cow catcher for steam
      locomotives (Cat. No. 40034) at about DM 13,- each.

      Yours

      Dieter

      Ed Scullin schrieb:
      > A while back there was discussion on thing that might be made by the
      > photo etch process. In my new Railroad Model Craftsman there is an
      > article on building a snowplow (US style). It looks like it might be a
      > doable thing in PE. I mean if we can do telephone booths. Of course he
      > made his out of plastic in G scale with radio controls to move the
      > wings, but there were only two curved parts in the design. I wouldn't
      > mind if the wings didn't move at all. The article refered to a December
      > 1984 Model Railroader article on a snowplow for dual tracks (plows out
      > to one side only).
      > If anybody decides to do this, please sign me up for two. I will have
      > two separate mountian divisions and each will need one.
      > Another thought would be a cow catcher for the 8800 and 8805s to make
      > them more US prototypical.
      > Ed Scullin

      Dieter W. Nolte
      E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...