Scale light bulbs

  • SteveB7167@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
      I am looking for very tiny light bulbs. Where is it that everybody gets there
      bulbs for there layouts. I read where a fellow used a 1 mm bulb which is very
      tiny indeed but if it were brought up to life size would be somewhere in the
      realm of 9 inches across. This is a bit big. Though if that is all that is
      available then I guess it will have to do. I still need to find a place to
      find these preferably on the net since I have no hobby shops closer than 30
      miles from me.
      Thanks in advance an exuse  my ramblings
      Steve Blandford
    • D. A. Karp

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2000
          Hi Steve,

          Here is two good sources for micro miniature bulbs. I have used the 1.5v
          micro bulbs and the 1.5v axial bulbs. They are fun to work with. If you
          use a 9 v DC wall transformer you can power 10 bulbs in series (nominal
          voltage of 15 volts). The lower voltage gives good brightness and greatly
          extends the lifetime of the bulbs.

          Miniatronics (see web site) has a super selection.
          http://www.miniatronics.com/catalog.html

          GRS Micro-liting (web site ?) makes an extensive line of circuits for
          special lighting effects. I have their Hobo Campfire circuit.

          toll free 800-676-4252
          customer service 507-288-0860
          32 Woodlake Drive SE
          Rochester, MN