BP Gas station

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 12:06 PM
      I am using white styrene to construct all my scratch builds. I will
      use other materials here and there. I have just finished the 4 gas
      pumps. I used small guage copper wire for the hoses. I attached the
      hoses using paint. I first drilled 48 holes to attach the 24 hoses.
      Cut, form, fit and attach each one. Took about 3 hours. All in all,
      the project is almost complete. Whew!

      In my spare time (yeah right) I have started creating a 40' tank car,
      modelled after the Atlas Kaolin Tank Car. Should be finished by next
      weekend. Then I'll do a 46' Funnel flow or 56' high capacity tank
      car. But before that, I have to get started on my container crane.
      Well, lots to do, gotta go!

      Oh, when the BP is complete, I will post more photos.

      Tim
    • sgt_tim7
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 8:17 PM
        Photos are posted. All I need to do is create the signs and the BP
        will be finished. I am thinking of difusing a white LED inside the
        BP so that the interior can be seen. Tell me what you think!
        Tim

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
        > I am using white styrene to construct all my scratch builds. I
        will
        > use other materials here and there. I have just finished the 4 gas
        > pumps. I used small guage copper wire for the hoses. I attached
        the
        > hoses using paint. I first drilled 48 holes to attach the 24
        hoses.
        > Cut, form, fit and attach each one. Took about 3 hours. All in
        all,
        > the project is almost complete. Whew!
        >
        > In my spare time (yeah right) I have started creating a 40' tank
        car,
        > modelled after the Atlas Kaolin Tank Car. Should be finished by
        next
        > weekend. Then I'll do a 46' Funnel flow or 56' high capacity tank
        > car. But before that, I have to get started on my container
        crane.
        > Well, lots to do, gotta go!
        >
        > Oh, when the BP is complete, I will post more photos.
        >
        > Tim
      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2 7:49 AM
          Photos are posted under Tim's scratch builds. I forgot to place the
          location in my last message.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
          > Photos are posted. All I need to do is create the signs and the BP
          > will be finished. I am thinking of difusing a white LED inside the
          > BP so that the interior can be seen. Tell me what you think!
          > Tim
        • Tom Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2 9:50 AM
            Very nice.

            What figures did you use?

            --- sgt_tim7 <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:
            > Photos are posted under Tim's scratch builds. I
            > forgot to place the
            > location in my last message.
            >

            > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7"
            > <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
            > > Photos are posted. All I need to do is create the
            > signs and the BP
            > > will be finished. I am thinking of difusing a
            > white LED inside the
            > > BP so that the interior can be seen. Tell me what
            > you think!
            > > Tim

          • sgt_tim7
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2 10:29 AM
              The figures are Preiser's 1:220 passers-by. I didn't include any
              vehicle for I haven't constructed any modern vehicles yet. If the
              red Semi tactor/trailer is in the photos, that is not true Z scale.
              It is 1:256 in scale(or real close). Much smaller than Z.
              Tim

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fisher <tfisher10@y...> wrote:
              > Very nice.
              >
              > What figures did you use?
              >
              > --- sgt_tim7 <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
              > > Photos are posted under Tim's scratch builds. I
              > > forgot to place the
              > > location in my last message.
              > >

              > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7"
              > > <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
              > > > Photos are posted. All I need to do is create the
              > > signs and the BP
              > > > will be finished. I am thinking of difusing a
              > > white LED inside the
              > > > BP so that the interior can be seen. Tell me what
              > > you think!
              > > > Tim

            • Tom Fisher
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2 11:03 AM
                Given your past projects, I can see where you might
                want to make your own vehicles. If you are willing to
                buy, Arrowhead has vehicles and there have recently
                been a number of contemporary USA vehicles on e**y.