Buffers/puffers wanted

  • Arjen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2004
      Hi all,

      Since everyone seems busy pulling buffers of locomotives, i'd like
      to tell you of my little accident ;-)

      I left my BR18 on the lounge table. Our cat has been playing with it
      and the tender came off. Then our cleaning lady hoovered the tender
      up. I've been sifting through the dirt from the vacuum cleaner and
      managed to retrieve the tender and three of the four axles.

      Unfortunately one of the buffers came off in the turmoil. I haven't
      been able to find it. So, if any of you buffer-pullers have a buffer
      left, i could use it to restore the tender.

      Regards,
      Arjen Gerstel
      Utrecht, Netherlands
    • William Brock
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2004
        Arjen Gerstel,

        I love my cats too, but they know not to go in my
        train room, which is closed when I am not around. My
        wife has even said that when I "finish" the layout
        sections and put these in the 'showing room', we will
        defenitely put something over it, probably plexiglass
        to protect it from dust and the horrible monsters who
        chase mice for a living. Feel for you on the
        "disastorous accident" though. Have dropped a piece
        onto a concrete floor.

        Will

        =====