Re:Track Issue Raises Its Ugly Head Again

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2000
      Hello Ole,
      So you noticed the retaining wall size rail too? You're right,
      the need for more to scale looking track really shows up in
      that photo of the 0-4-4-0. The engine is practically swallowed up
      by the track. The only problem with lower profile track will
      be the deep flanges on Z scale wheels, but with careful track
      laying I think you might get by. Turnouts? I built a couple
      of Z scale code 40 turnouts back in my Nn3 days (early 80s).
      No rolling stock, no engines, everything scratch built. Soft
      metal castings stuck on the 8800 chassis. Finally gave up.

      You know that Rivarrosi or Con-Cor makes an N scale Y6b? It could use
      some super-detailing but is still a great starting point. I could
      never afford one and now they're somewhat hard to find. So it
      is possible that a Z scale version would be made.

      Warm regards,
      Reynard