Re: [z_scale] Re: Z-Scale Mallet Locomotive

  • Ole Rosted
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2000
      On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 23:29:15 -0600, you wrote:

      Hello Reynard and group,

      >I think I'll just refer to the one I really want as a Y6b, 2-8-8-2.
      >That way no one will be confused by my emails.

      That's the one coming to my mind - reading about the Schmidt-mallet.

      I have never seen a Mallet loc (except for in a train-series on the
      Discovery TV channel and a *beautiful* picture of a HO Y6B someone
      mailed me.

      But I would indeed like to buy a Z model of the Y6b if available,
      despite I for the moment have no track to run it on.

      The HO model is a marvel of detailing. I don't expect a Z model coming
      even close - but anyway.

      Anobody know where I can get one??

      BTW: On the Schmidt homepage the mallet is displayed on some Märklin
      (could be Peco?) track. Have you noticed that the rail height equals
      half a wheel dia. ?? Bvadr! - the need for code 40 track becomes
      evident.

      regards Ole Rosted, Denmark