New Manufacturer of Z scale structures!

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2000
      Hi Gang,

      **News Flash**

      I am pleased to announce the arrival of a new source of Z scale structures
      at GREAT prices (in Canadian dollars yet)!

      Microfigs Inc.

      I had a nice exchange of emails with Mr. Duncan Gregson, the president of
      Microfigs. I made a couple of suggestions for Z scale industrial
      structures. I could have saved the electrons...they are planning to release
      an impressive selection of 1/285 and, in the short term, 1/220 resin
      structures. I'll let Mr. Gregson fill you in himself:

      "...You'll be happy to know that we are all on the same line of thought
      here, and we have models of all those you suggested currently under
      construction. Our most recent industrial
      releases will include a textile mill, a public works building, a
      large factory complex (production building, warehouse, and
      boiler/power house). In time for Xmas, we also plan on releasing a tank
      factory (which could also be used as an automotive factory), an oil refinery
      and various sizes of storage
      tanks, a large power plant, and our most impressive model, a
      steel mill complex (blast furnaces, rolling mill, and distribution
      centre/warehouse)."

      These are just the beginning. There is a strong possibility that Microfigs
      will produce Z scale rolling stock in 2001!!!

      I encourage you to contact Mr. Gregson with your suggestions for structures
      and to encourage their Z scale efforts.

      dgreg@...

      I just ordered their 8 silo grain elevator and I can't wait to see the new
      line. I may have to add a 4th suitcase to the Val Ease Central RR to
      accommodate them. A full review of the elevator will be forthcoming in
      about a week.

      Microfigs will fill a lot of Xmas stockings and make many Z scalers very
      happy. So check out their web site:
      http://www.microfigs.com
      goto "Store" then "industrial structures".

      Best regards,
      Jeffrey MacHan