3 Bay, Ribbed sides, Covered, Hopper car

  • sgt_tim7
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 21, 2004
      Pics are now uploaded for one of my many scratch builds to come.
      Hope you like. Comments are welcome. Tim
    • Thomas Welsch
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 21, 2004
        Comments are welcome. Tim

        Tim, They look really nice. Please let us know if and when you
        release these. Do you plan on doing a roof and gas pumps for your
        convenience store?
      • sgt_tim7
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 21, 2004
          Yes, the roof or shelter is complete just have to put posts to hold
          it up. The inside has not been detailed and painted yet. The clear
          windows are cut but not inserted yet. I have to finish the details
          before inserting them. The fancy green paints of BP fame have yet to
          be applied. I need to fabricate 4 double sided pumps to place
          between the shelter posts. I will post pics of the BP I am
          modelling. I have other gas station/convenience stores I will
          model. I have my hands full right now. Makes things bad, I have to
          move my apartment in Beaumont, Texas to Marietta, GA this weekend.
          Ugh! I can handle it. I'll keep everyone posted on progress.
          Tim

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Welsch" <rvn20012000@y...>
          wrote:
          > Comments are welcome. Tim
          >
          > Tim, They look really nice. Please let us know if and when you
          > release these. Do you plan on doing a roof and gas pumps for your
          > convenience store?
        • tgilchrist9
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 21, 2004
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
            > Pics are now uploaded for one of my many scratch builds to come.
            > Hope you like. Comments are welcome. Tim

            What is the name in the photos directory?
          • harold grady
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 21, 2004
              Hi folks, Well we are witness to an amazing array of
              scratch built kitbashed rolling stock all in one
              fantastic week wow. Tim's pullman standard grain
              hopper
              is awesome, incredible work. I didn't know z scale had
              such incredible Superskilled talent. Tim you and Allan
              Borg should collaborate collaborate. The grain car
              is much desired and fits well into the unit train
              concept. Tim I need about 30 just for starters
              Harold Grady

              --- Thomas Welsch <rvn20012000@...> wrote:
              > Comments are welcome. Tim
              >
              > Tim, They look really nice. Please let us know if
              > and when you
              > release these. Do you plan on doing a roof and gas
              > pumps for your
              > convenience store?

              http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
            • sgt_tim7
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 22, 2004
                Photos under "Tim's Scratch Builds" I have downloaded my limit in
                that folder so I will have to do some changing to complete the BP
                photos else where! Tim

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 22, 2004
                  30! I'll see what I can do! Stay posted. Tim

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 22, 2004
                    When you have time -- given your moving situation --
                    can you tell us more about both projects?

                    --- sgt_tim7 <sgt_tim1@...> wrote:
                    > Pics are now uploaded for one of my many scratch
                    > builds to come.
                    > Hope you like. Comments are welcome. Tim

                    http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
                  • themohican2003
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 1, 2004
                      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@y...> wrote:
                      > Pics are now uploaded for one of my many scratch builds to come.
                      > Hope you like. Comments are welcome. Tim

                      Hello Tim
                      I am curious as to what you made the end frames with. I myself found
                      them to be quite tedious to make each step and glue it all together.
                      My method for that was to make a full size photocopy of the ladder
                      drawing and put double sided adhesive tape over it then stick the
                      steps to that and super glue it all together. For the production of
                      many cars I will be using a chemically etched frame that will fold
                      over and mount to the car end. If you want to put your creation into
                      production let me know, maybe you can send me a completed model that
                      I can cast duplicates and share in the revenue form your design.
                      Let me know what you think.
                      Allan Borg
                      SuZee Line Models