Re: Train Show in Seattle

  • zscale@retrograde.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2000
      > It's a good show for modeling techinques. There is nothing for sale,
      > as I recall, but the last time I went, several folks had booth set up
      > to demonstrate techniques. One guy had a module that must have
      > had 200 scratchbuild (from real wood) structures. It was pretty
      > incredible.

      Thanks, Scott. From the newspaper, it sounds like they'll be doing some
      how-to sessions.

      > You will see something in all scales. There was a surprising amount
      > of Z scale a couple of years ago.
      >
      > It's worth the trip, even if parking is a hassle. Though, they've open
      > that new garage about 3 blocks west of the science center.

      The day after Thanksgiving is a big day for Christmas gift-shoppers,
      and there's a parade downtown. So I'm staying home away from the
      traffic and tweaking the grades on my layout. :) I will either drive
      tomorrow, or walk downtown and take the Monorail.

      > Where in the Seattle area are you? I'm in Kent, so anything north
      > of Renton is in a foreign country :-)

      I'm up above Pioneer Square, on First Hill in Seattle. It's where most
      of the big hospitals are, so Seattle old-timers call it "Pill Hill".

      -- Andy