Re: [z_scale] Re: Lütke , Z-scale structures manufactu rer

  • Arnim v. Herff
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 4:31 PM
      Joe Krepps wrote on Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:07:05 -0500:

      >A little expensive but the dollar has fallen against the euro. :(

      If I look at prices from Kibri or Faller, they are in the same range.
      Difference is: The kits are produce by a PROFESSINAL of architectural
      modeling. So, no COMPROMISES! As I heared of thruthworthy sources, the kits
      are very easy to build, because they fits perfectly. I saw some unpainted
      of it in Sinsheim: Astonishing! KibriFallerVollmer has to rise the qualitiy.
      No, I am not affiliated to Lütke. But I think about which of this models
      could be used at my coming project...

      >I'm modeling the Feldschlosschen brewery in Rheinfelden, Switzerland.
      >The large building in the catalog would work very well but I didn't see
      >it listed in the catalog. Oh well....

      (Maybe the statement of Joe is reasoned by the German version of Catalogue,
      AFAIK there is no English one yet.)
      I don't know if you all got the history behind the commitment by Lütke: The
      well-known Manfred Jörger wants a model of a brewery at his modul-layout.
      Luckily he met Manfred (!) Lütke. Mr. Lütke earns his money (as minimum - a
      part of it, I don't know it exactly and this isn't really of interest) in
      building models for the purposes of achitects. Fascinated by the efforts of
      Mr. Jörger (surely Jeremy Brandon has his own part here) he agreed in
      developing and producing a brewry. So it was done. The result was
      convincing, as everyone could proof at exhibitons at Jörgers layout. Time
      for a beer and a "Weißwurscht". Ideas... Mr. Lütke did the first step and
      presented some kits - two or three month ago. Meanwhile he widened his line
      of 100% in number. But the brewery is still a future project. That is
      caused by the overhelming feedback of customers. Lütke Modellbau wants to
      satiesfy the orders first, before realizing the next models. The brewery is
      one of the next announcments (the exclusively realization for Manfred
      Jörger needs some modifications)!

      My humble oppinion? It is enjoying to watch that some Europeans show the
      American way of entrpreneurship (Reynard, Lajos, Panzee et aliter) today:
      The guys from Artitec, Mr. Mekelburg and Mr. Lütke. Some more are active
      and still do good thinks, but there is a lack of marketing (except Harald
      and maybe Michael).

      (Surely I am unfair to others with above statements, but thats my personaly
      view at the moment.)

      Best wishes to all
      Arnim

      --
      ### /"\ ASCII Ribbon ## Bitte keine Mails in HTML, ####
      ### \ / Campaign ## nur plain/text ####
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 5:18 PM
        These are beautiful structures! Does anyone in the US have any first
        hand experience with this company? How difficult is it to get a kit?
        Does anyone in the US carry these?

        ~JG
      • John & Sue Bartolotto
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 5:48 PM
          I did an email interview with the owner Manfred Lütke. He has been in the
          architectural business making models for 24 years and for the past 10 years
          has been making custom made buildings for Zheads in Europe. Yes you can
          order kits from him. No one in the US carries his kits at this time. He is
          extremely helpful and I predict that his company will leave as great a mark
          on Z scale buildings as Kibri, Faller and Vollmer! You can read all about
          him and his new fantastic company in the Mar-Apr issue of Ztrack.

          John

          These are beautiful structures! Does anyone in the US have any first
          hand experience with this company? How difficult is it to get a kit?
          Does anyone in the US carry these?

          ~JG

          _____

        • Guido Kruschke
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2 11:59 AM
            Servus Arnim, Du hast Recht. Jetzt habe ich gerafft, was gemeint war,
            nämlich Jens Bild. Klar, das ist die Kibri-Fabrik. Ich sehe es ein -
            und wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil. Grüße, Guido.

            Hi Arnim, you are right. The picture from Jens shows the kibri
            factory in the background. What a pitty :-(

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Arnim v. Herff" <sb242he@u...> wrote:
            > >If you mean the brick-red building on the left in the picture on
            the
            > >bottom of page 4, below the 'heizhaus mit kamin', I'm pretty sure
            > >that's a model by kibri.
            >
            > Sorry, I don't know of which page you wrote (actually I see a not
            yet
            > published future version of the catalogue - no, I am still not
            affiliated
            > to Lütke, but I am in contact with the editor of the catalogue),
            but I
            > think you speak of the picture taken by Jens Wimmel. Yes, it is a
            Kibri