File - Z-Netiquette

  • z_scale@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 1 2:28 PM
      Dear fellow Z enthusiasts,

      Here are some message posting guidelines designed to make our Z_Scale forum
      experience more enjoyable for one and all.

      1. Stay on topic and be courteous and respectful at all times in tone.
      Profanity or abusive language will result in the immediate deletion of the
      offending message and the author will be placed on probation (moderated message
      posting).

      2. Edit message length

      In our excitement to reply to a posting, we often write a short (or medium or
      long) reply and hit the SEND key. As multiple messages are replied to in the
      same manner, the length of the posting grows with the accumulated crud of
      repeated content. As Z-scalers, you know how much we hate crud!

      It is not difficult to take a few seconds to delete or highlight and delete
      redundant material in your replies. This extra effort will greatly reduce
      message length and the frustration many members experience when receiving these
      sometimes massive missives. Remember, many members do not have high speed
      connections and many pay for their connection time (that is not to say that
      high speed users appreciate wallowing through useless repetition).

      3. Avoid "one-liner" replies

      Unless we are conducting a poll, it is of little interest to the membership
      that you share the opinion of others in a reply to the group. Of course,
      incremental information is always welcome. A thank you note that includes how
      you plan to make use of information supplied to you by other members is also
      welcome. Please avoid one liners if at all possible.

      4. Include relevant material when replying

      Use your editing skills to include relevant text when replying. Cutting and
      pasting is very easy. Highlight the text and use the Ctrl-X or Ctrl-C
      combination to place the text into temporary computer memory. Position the
      cursor where you would like to insert the text and use Ctrl-V to insert it.

      Text removal is even easier: highlight text that you wish to remove and hit
      the delete key.

      5. Use descriptive message headers or titles

      It is often difficult to understand the content of a posting from the original
      title or header of the thread. If your posting represents a new subject or
      theme, please remember to change the message header to reflect the subject of
      your posting.

      ************

      NOTE: this message will appear monthly as a reminder to new and less new
      members alike. It is not meant as a criticism of any individual member. Your
      suggestions for improvements and additions to this ADM message are welcome at
      all times. Send comments to the listowner.

      Enjoy your trainZ,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Listowner and moderator
    • z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 31
        Dear fellow Z enthusiasts,

        Here are some message posting guidelines designed to make our
        Z_Scale forum experience more enjoyable for one and all.

        1A. Ebay auction posts are not permitted. List members are familiar with
        Ebay and will hunt for goodies if they are so inclined. This does not
        preclude private for-sale announcements with requests for off-list replies.

[...]

        message are welcome at all times. Send comments to the listowners
        or Moderators.

        Enjoy your trainZ,
        Your Z_Scale helper team.
        Listowners and moderators.