Re: [z_scale] Track Cleaning

  • Glenn and Sandy Stiska
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Tom,

      We stock the Gaugemaster track cleaner.

      We are Z Gauge enthusiasts and hobbyists and have had
      electronic track cleaners on each of our 6 main lines for the
      past 13 years with very satisfactory results and without any
      damage to any engine. It cleans the tracks by constantly
      and automatically sending an electric current through the
      wheels whenever it sees a high resistance. It is connected
      to the transformer and to the track. Gaugemaster has
      instructions on the package and we also include our own
      instructions with each unit.

      Pricing is as follows: $34.00 for each unit plus $6.00 for
      shipping for your order [whether you buy 1 or more]. A
      money order or your personal check will be fine. Please
      mail your payment to us at:

      Glenn and Sandy Stiska
      1045 Porter Drive
      Largo, FL 33771-1229

      Happy Z...ing
      Glenn and Sandy
      stiska@...
      Telephone: 727-535-3819

      GAUGEMASTER MODEL HF-1
      Electronic Automatic Single Output Track Cleaner
      for use with all types of controllers.
      Specifications: The 12v D.C. controlled output from
      the controller is passed through the unit. Connection
      between unit, power source, controller, and track is
      completed via six terminal connections. The unit
      superimposes a harmless high frequency signal over
      the output from the controller. When a poor contact
      between loco and rail is detected the unit switches on,
      ionising the gap and burning off the dirt, switching off
      again when contact is restored.
      Measurements: L3" x H2-5/16" x W1-1/8"

      on 4/1/04 3:18 PM Tom Fisher wrote:
      I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
      and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
      apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
      available? What is recommended? Where can it be
      purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is
      not an option)?
    • d.f.avila@att.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
        Don't forget what the Stiska's told me -- It can not be used with DCC.

        ...don

      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          > I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
          > and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
          > apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
          > available? What is recommended? Where can it be
          > purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is

          Tom, Try Glenn and Sandy Stiska, they sell the Gaugemaster, and they are
          very nice people to deal with. Can't go wrong. stiska@...
        • Tom Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
            Thanks. That's what I needed, and I did see your
            names mentioned one or 2 places, but I didn't see a
            link.

            --- Glenn and Sandy Stiska <stiska@...>