Re: Track Cleaning

  • Cliff Travis
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi,
      Try stiska@... They have the Gaugemaster. Relco no longer
      manufactured.

      cliff

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fisher <tfisher10@y...> wrote:
      > I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
      > and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
      > apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
      > available? What is recommended? Where can it be
      > purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is
      > not an option)?

    • Glenn and Sandy Stiska
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
        Hi Tom,

        We stock the Gaugemaster track cleaner.

        We are Z Gauge enthusiasts and hobbyists and have had
        electronic track cleaners on each of our 6 main lines for the
        past 13 years with very satisfactory results and without any
        damage to any engine. It cleans the tracks by constantly
        and automatically sending an electric current through the
        wheels whenever it sees a high resistance. It is connected
        to the transformer and to the track. Gaugemaster has
        instructions on the package and we also include our own
        instructions with each unit.

        Pricing is as follows: $34.00 for each unit plus $6.00 for
        shipping for your order [whether you buy 1 or more]. A
        money order or your personal check will be fine. Please
        mail your payment to us at:

        Glenn and Sandy Stiska
        1045 Porter Drive
        Largo, FL 33771-1229

        Happy Z...ing
        Glenn and Sandy
        stiska@...
        Telephone: 727-535-3819

        GAUGEMASTER MODEL HF-1
        Electronic Automatic Single Output Track Cleaner
        for use with all types of controllers.
        Specifications: The 12v D.C. controlled output from
        the controller is passed through the unit. Connection
        between unit, power source, controller, and track is
        completed via six terminal connections. The unit
        superimposes a harmless high frequency signal over
        the output from the controller. When a poor contact
        between loco and rail is detected the unit switches on,
        ionising the gap and burning off the dirt, switching off
        again when contact is restored.
        Measurements: L3" x H2-5/16" x W1-1/8"

      • d.f.avila@att.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          Don't forget what the Stiska's told me -- It can not be used with DCC.

          ...don

        • Loren Snyder
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
            > I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
            > and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
            > apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
            > available? What is recommended? Where can it be
            > purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is

            Tom, Try Glenn and Sandy Stiska, they sell the Gaugemaster, and they are
            very nice people to deal with. Can't go wrong. stiska@...
          • Tom Fisher
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
              Thanks. That's what I needed, and I did see your
              names mentioned one or 2 places, but I didn't see a
              link.

              --- Glenn and Sandy Stiska <stiska@...>