Track Cleaning

  • Tom Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 12:18 PM
      I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
      and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
      apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
      available? What is recommended? Where can it be
      purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is
      not an option)?

    • Cliff Travis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 12:34 PM
        Hi,
        Try stiska@... They have the Gaugemaster. Relco no longer
        manufactured.

        cliff

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fisher <tfisher10@y...> wrote:
        > I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
        > and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
        > apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
        > available? What is recommended? Where can it be
        > purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is
        > not an option)?

      • Glenn and Sandy Stiska
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 12:57 PM
          Hi Tom,

          We stock the Gaugemaster track cleaner.

          We are Z Gauge enthusiasts and hobbyists and have had
          electronic track cleaners on each of our 6 main lines for the
          past 13 years with very satisfactory results and without any
          damage to any engine. It cleans the tracks by constantly
          and automatically sending an electric current through the
          wheels whenever it sees a high resistance. It is connected
          to the transformer and to the track. Gaugemaster has
          instructions on the package and we also include our own
          instructions with each unit.

          Pricing is as follows: $34.00 for each unit plus $6.00 for
          shipping for your order [whether you buy 1 or more]. A
          money order or your personal check will be fine. Please
          mail your payment to us at:

          Glenn and Sandy Stiska
          1045 Porter Drive
          Largo, FL 33771-1229

          Happy Z...ing
          Glenn and Sandy
          stiska@...
          Telephone: 727-535-3819

          GAUGEMASTER MODEL HF-1
          Electronic Automatic Single Output Track Cleaner
          for use with all types of controllers.
          Specifications: The 12v D.C. controlled output from
          the controller is passed through the unit. Connection
          between unit, power source, controller, and track is
          completed via six terminal connections. The unit
          superimposes a harmless high frequency signal over
          the output from the controller. When a poor contact
          between loco and rail is detected the unit switches on,
          ionising the gap and burning off the dirt, switching off
          again when contact is restored.
          Measurements: L3" x H2-5/16" x W1-1/8"

        • d.f.avila@att.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 12:58 PM
            Don't forget what the Stiska's told me -- It can not be used with DCC.

            ...don

          • Loren Snyder
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 1:43 PM
              > I did a quick search of the Encyclopdeia and Google,
              > and I didn't come up with a vendor for track cleaning
              > apparatus (e.g., Relco, Gaugemaster). What is
              > available? What is recommended? Where can it be
              > purchased (there isn't a local hobby store, that is

              Tom, Try Glenn and Sandy Stiska, they sell the Gaugemaster, and they are
              very nice people to deal with. Can't go wrong. stiska@...
            • Tom Fisher
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 4:35 PM
                Thanks. That's what I needed, and I did see your
                names mentioned one or 2 places, but I didn't see a
                link.

                --- Glenn and Sandy Stiska <stiska@...>