Re: Lütke, Z-scale structures manufactu rer

  • Joe Krepps
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Arjen (and fellow modelers),

      > They mostly do 50-s and older European style buildings. Industry and
      > housing. Looking good!

      Yes, I found them yesterday and downloaded the catalog.

      Very nice looking buildings! :)

      A little expensive but the dollar has fallen against the euro. :(

      I'm modeling the Feldschlosschen brewery in Rheinfelden, Switzerland.
      The large building in the catalog would work very well but I didn't see
      it listed in the catalog. Oh well....

      With friendly greetings/mfg,
      Joe Krepps
    • Arjen
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Joe Krepps <occupant@b...> wrote:
        > I'm modeling the Feldschlosschen brewery in Rheinfelden,
        Switzerland.
        > The large building in the catalog would work very well but I
        didn't see
        > it listed in the catalog. Oh well....

        If you mean the brick-red building on the left in the picture on the
        bottom of page 4, below the 'heizhaus mit kamin', I'm pretty sure
        that's a model by kibri. I've got one waiting on the shelf to be
        built.

        Arjen
      • Guido Kruschke
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          Hi zetties,

          No, it's not a kibri building kit. It's a construction from Manfred
          Luetke himself and manufactured by Luetke Modellbahn in Olching.
          Wait - and look for an article in the Ztrack-magazine in the future.
          And the most buildings are suitable for american sceneries as well.

          Greetings, Guido
        • Arnim v. Herff
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
            Joe Krepps wrote on Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:07:05 -0500:

            >A little expensive but the dollar has fallen against the euro. :(

            If I look at prices from Kibri or Faller, they are in the same range.
            Difference is: The kits are produce by a PROFESSINAL of architectural
            modeling. So, no COMPROMISES! As I heared of thruthworthy sources, the kits
            are very easy to build, because they fits perfectly. I saw some unpainted
            of it in Sinsheim: Astonishing! KibriFallerVollmer has to rise the qualitiy.
            No, I am not affiliated to Lütke. But I think about which of this models
            could be used at my coming project...

            >I'm modeling the Feldschlosschen brewery in Rheinfelden, Switzerland.
            >The large building in the catalog would work very well but I didn't see
            >it listed in the catalog. Oh well....

            (Maybe the statement of Joe is reasoned by the German version of Catalogue,
            AFAIK there is no English one yet.)
            I don't know if you all got the history behind the commitment by Lütke: The
            well-known Manfred Jörger wants a model of a brewery at his modul-layout.
            Luckily he met Manfred (!) Lütke. Mr. Lütke earns his money (as minimum - a
            part of it, I don't know it exactly and this isn't really of interest) in
            building models for the purposes of achitects. Fascinated by the efforts of
            Mr. Jörger (surely Jeremy Brandon has his own part here) he agreed in
            developing and producing a brewry. So it was done. The result was
            convincing, as everyone could proof at exhibitons at Jörgers layout. Time
            for a beer and a "Weißwurscht". Ideas... Mr. Lütke did the first step and
            presented some kits - two or three month ago. Meanwhile he widened his line
            of 100% in number. But the brewery is still a future project. That is
            caused by the overhelming feedback of customers. Lütke Modellbau wants to
            satiesfy the orders first, before realizing the next models. The brewery is
            one of the next announcments (the exclusively realization for Manfred
            Jörger needs some modifications)!

            My humble oppinion? It is enjoying to watch that some Europeans show the
            American way of entrpreneurship (Reynard, Lajos, Panzee et aliter) today:
            The guys from Artitec, Mr. Mekelburg and Mr. Lütke. Some more are active
            and still do good thinks, but there is a lack of marketing (except Harald
            and maybe Michael).

            (Surely I am unfair to others with above statements, but thats my personaly
            view at the moment.)

            Best wishes to all
            Arnim

            --
            ### /"\ ASCII Ribbon ## Bitte keine Mails in HTML, ####
            ### \ / Campaign ## nur plain/text ####
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
              >If you mean the brick-red building on the left in the picture on the
              >bottom of page 4, below the 'heizhaus mit kamin', I'm pretty sure
              >that's a model by kibri.

              Sorry, I don't know of which page you wrote (actually I see a not yet
              published future version of the catalogue - no, I am still not affiliated
              to Lütke, but I am in contact with the editor of the catalogue), but I
              think you speak of the picture taken by Jens Wimmel. Yes, it is a Kibri
              model and no this is not the brewery.

              Greetings Arnim
              --
              ### /"\ ASCII Ribbon ## Bitte keine Mails in HTML, ####
              ### \ / Campaign ## nur plain/text ####
              ### X Against HTML ## Please don't send mails in HTML, ####
              ### / \ in Mail/News ## only ASCII ####
            • yojimbo_g
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                These are beautiful structures! Does anyone in the US have any first
                hand experience with this company? How difficult is it to get a kit?
                Does anyone in the US carry these?

                ~JG
              • John & Sue Bartolotto
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
                  I did an email interview with the owner Manfred Lütke. He has been in the
                  architectural business making models for 24 years and for the past 10 years
                  has been making custom made buildings for Zheads in Europe. Yes you can
                  order kits from him. No one in the US carries his kits at this time. He is
                  extremely helpful and I predict that his company will leave as great a mark
                  on Z scale buildings as Kibri, Faller and Vollmer! You can read all about
                  him and his new fantastic company in the Mar-Apr issue of Ztrack.

                  John

                  These are beautiful structures! Does anyone in the US have any first
                  hand experience with this company? How difficult is it to get a kit?
                  Does anyone in the US carry these?

                  ~JG

                  _____

                • Guido Kruschke
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
                    Servus Arnim, Du hast Recht. Jetzt habe ich gerafft, was gemeint war,
                    nämlich Jens Bild. Klar, das ist die Kibri-Fabrik. Ich sehe es ein -
                    und wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil. Grüße, Guido.

                    Hi Arnim, you are right. The picture from Jens shows the kibri
                    factory in the background. What a pitty :-(