Re: New NMRA Living Legends #4 car available

  • rsmidt1
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      Jeffrey,

      What model will be used for the Z scale version? Will they use a
      PennZee hopper or is this an inadvertant leak of what one of MTL's
      new releases will be? It seems that the previous releases were all
      MTL rolling stock.

      Thanks,
      Randy Smidt
      Clifton, VA

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
      > Hello fellow NMRA members,
      >
      > The next car in the Living Legends series is now available for sale
      > to NMRA members only on the NMRA web site. This issue honours
      Harold
      > H. Carstens.
      >
      > See the order page here:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/ysftp
      >

      > Here is the description of the Susquehanna Northern Line car:
      >
      > As the distinguished publisher of model railroading books and
      > magazines such as Railroad Model Craftsman and Railfan and
      Railroad,
      > author of numerous articles, and an accomplished leader in the
      > advancement of the hobby, Harold H. Carstens is a pioneering figure
      > in model railroading.
      >
      > His extensive antique model train collection has been on display at
      > museums throughout the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Now the veteran model
      > railroader adds another honor to his roster: the 2004 NMRA® Living
      > Legend car.
      >
      > Carstens' limited-edition Susquehanna Northern Railroad car can now
      > be yours!
      >
      > Hopper cars predominate in the Susquehanna Northern line, designed
      as
      > an anthracite carrier hauling coal from the mines in Pennsylvania
      > tidewater New Jersey.
      >
      > ********
      > Help to support the NMRA and the NMRA's support of Z. Order your
      car
      > (s) today.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Jeffrey MacHan
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        Hi Randy,

        I have emailed Bob Chait, the NMRA special run car guru, to find out
        what the Z car will be. You are correct that they have used MTL cars
        for Z up to now. Since MTL doesn't presently offer a hopper I'm just
        as curious as you to know what the NMRA has selected. Since these
        NMRA special run cars are the only items that I collect in Z, I
        already sent in my order.

        Will advise ASAP.

        Jeffrey

      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          I have heard that MT has purchased undecorated cars from Pennzee. The
          printing will be done in house at MTL. I think this sounds like a wonderful start to
          a good relationship between Z scale greats. I need to order 1 as well!

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com

        • Elizabeth Hayes
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
            do you remember that the last NMRA hopper(Milwaukee Union Terminal) in all
            other scales was released as a 40 gondola in Z ?