New NMRA Living Legends #4 car available

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hello fellow NMRA members,

      The next car in the Living Legends series is now available for sale
      to NMRA members only on the NMRA web site. This issue honours Harold
      H. Carstens.

      See the order page here:

      http://tinyurl.com/ysftp

      Here is the description of the Susquehanna Northern Line car:

      As the distinguished publisher of model railroading books and
      magazines such as Railroad Model Craftsman and Railfan and Railroad,
      author of numerous articles, and an accomplished leader in the
      advancement of the hobby, Harold H. Carstens is a pioneering figure
      in model railroading.

      His extensive antique model train collection has been on display at
      museums throughout the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Now the veteran model
      railroader adds another honor to his roster: the 2004 NMRA® Living
      Legend car.

      Carstens' limited-edition Susquehanna Northern Railroad car can now
      be yours!

      Hopper cars predominate in the Susquehanna Northern line, designed as
      an anthracite carrier hauling coal from the mines in Pennsylvania to
      tidewater New Jersey.

      ********
      Help to support the NMRA and the NMRA's support of Z. Order your car
      (s) today.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
    • rsmidt1
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        Jeffrey,

        What model will be used for the Z scale version? Will they use a
        PennZee hopper or is this an inadvertant leak of what one of MTL's
        new releases will be? It seems that the previous releases were all
        MTL rolling stock.

        Thanks,
        Randy Smidt
        Clifton, VA

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
        > Hello fellow NMRA members,
        >
        > The next car in the Living Legends series is now available for sale
        > to NMRA members only on the NMRA web site. This issue honours
        Harold
        > H. Carstens.
        >
        > See the order page here:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/ysftp
        >

        > Here is the description of the Susquehanna Northern Line car:
        >
        > As the distinguished publisher of model railroading books and
        > magazines such as Railroad Model Craftsman and Railfan and
        Railroad,
        > author of numerous articles, and an accomplished leader in the
        > advancement of the hobby, Harold H. Carstens is a pioneering figure
        > in model railroading.
        >
        > His extensive antique model train collection has been on display at
        > museums throughout the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Now the veteran model
        > railroader adds another honor to his roster: the 2004 NMRA® Living
        > Legend car.
        >
        > Carstens' limited-edition Susquehanna Northern Railroad car can now
        > be yours!
        >
        > Hopper cars predominate in the Susquehanna Northern line, designed
        as
        > an anthracite carrier hauling coal from the mines in Pennsylvania
        > tidewater New Jersey.
        >
        > ********
        > Help to support the NMRA and the NMRA's support of Z. Order your
        car
        > (s) today.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jeffrey MacHan
      • jmac_han
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          Hi Randy,

          I have emailed Bob Chait, the NMRA special run car guru, to find out
          what the Z car will be. You are correct that they have used MTL cars
          for Z up to now. Since MTL doesn't presently offer a hopper I'm just
          as curious as you to know what the NMRA has selected. Since these
          NMRA special run cars are the only items that I collect in Z, I
          already sent in my order.

          Will advise ASAP.

          Jeffrey

        • ztrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
            I have heard that MT has purchased undecorated cars from Pennzee. The
            printing will be done in house at MTL. I think this sounds like a wonderful start to
            a good relationship between Z scale greats. I need to order 1 as well!

            Rob Kluz

            Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            Dublin, OH 43016
            Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
            www.ztrack.com

          • Elizabeth Hayes
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
              do you remember that the last NMRA hopper(Milwaukee Union Terminal) in all
              other scales was released as a 40 gondola in Z ?