Re: Chat report (What's next for Z)

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      I forgot to mention that we had chatters from the Netherlands and
      Germany as well, at least while I was logged on. Don't want anyone
      to feel left out! :-)

      CheerZ,
      Jeffrey
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        Hello Jeffrey,

        You must have got ahold of a pirated copy of "Lost In Translation".
        I enjoyed my rental. None-the-less some folks don't go for that
        sort of movie and that's the way it goes. I thought "Spellbound"
        (about kids' spelling bees) from last year was a bore.

        As for the high speed Shinkansen; hey! we need some right here in
        North America, not just on our layouts. I'm tired of driving and
        flying around. I'd like to get into some poker games with my fellow
        passengers so that I can pay for the ride.

        Best regards as always,
        Reynard
        On Monday, March 1, 2004, at 09:26 AM, jmac_han wrote:

        > G'Day mates,
        >
        > I don't know if Kiwis greet each other this way but I thought that
        > I'd say hello in honour of the LOTR, The Return of the King and it's
        > 11 Oscars last night.  I didn't watch any of it but instead
        > rented "Lost in Translation" to see what all the fuss was about.
        > Frankly, I don't see why it was even nominated (boring, technical
        > errors, bad sound recording, no story and deadpan acting that any
        > actor could do in his sleep).  The good thing about this major OT
        > commentary is that were lots of trains in the story which was set in
        > Japan!  This brings me to conclude that Z needs more high speed
        > trains like the Shinkosen (sp?), the TGV and so many others.  It is
        > such a thrill to see those sleek electrics snaking along
        > mountainsides and the Japanese coast.  Hypnotic!
        <edited