Re: [z_scale] Inaugural Meeting of the SF Bay Area Z Module Group

  • ahellary@nccnet.co.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
      hi guys

      just to let all the uk z'ers know that next sat 6th march at moulton
      upper school (near northampton) there is a rail show at which graham
      jones the main guy of z club gb will be there with his new american
      layout also some of my dcc converted locos will be there on the
      sunningwell command control stand

      i'll be wibbling around too as i help to organise the show

      Tony
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
        This is great to know, Tony. I have updated your Ambassador
        listing to include this event.

        Hope you, Graham and Damien have a super time.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ahellary@n... wrote:
        > hi guys
        >
        > next sat 6th march at moulton
        > upper school (near northampton) there is a rail show at which
        graham
        > jones will be there with his new american
        > layout also some of my dcc converted locos will be there
        >
        >i help to organise the show
        >

        > Tony
      • Daniel Hogue
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
          Jim,
          When you and the group have a chance to put together standards for your
          module, please share a copy with us. One of the things that I have
          learned from watching the N scale folks is that there is room for more
          than one module standard, depending on the type of railroad one wishes
          to model. Your module sounds like a good extension of Z-bend (and in
          fact, with the right transition modules it might even be connected to
          other regular Z-bend modules.) I also think that there is room in Z
          for a version of the oNetrak concept for single track main lines. (Of
          course, I am working on a module of a 4-track NYC main line, for which I
          hope also to make transition modules that would allow it to be connected
          to a Z-bend module.) Variety is the spice of life-and with planning we
          can have our cakes and eat them too!
          Dan Hogue
          Utica, NY 13501

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
            Hi Dan,

            Absoleetly! One of our intentions is to have at least two transition
            modules to Z-Bend, or at least initially, the Pacific Northwest Z
            Scalers (PNWZS) flavor, so we can either hook up to one end of their
            layout, in the middle, and/or probably via a "T" module, for maximum
            flexibility. Once we've got that figured out, we may also do
            something to be able to connect directly to the Northwest Crossing
            modules from the folks in Texas, and the modules by the guys in the DC
            area.

            I'm trying to get enough done to try out with the PNWZS folks for at
            least one of the events they will be attending between now and NTS
            2004 in Seattle in July, so that we can have an even bigger operating
            layout to put all the other scales to shame, as was done at the last
            few NTSes. By the time NTS 2005 in Cincinnati rolls around, I'm
            hoping that we will be able to form A More Perfect Union with all of
            the other Z scale "modulators", including our Suthun' Californ-eye-yay
            brethren, and show A Grateful Nation how, working together, we can
            repreZent all 50 cornerZ of the U.S., including itZ TerritorieZ and
            PossessionZ, in addition to Canada, and Central and South America (we
            modestly hope to be able to repreZent the rest of the world by NTS 2006 :)

            Single-track, double-track, triple-track, quadruple-track ... any
            mainline is a good line, to us! The biggest issue is likely to be
            connecting the electrical lash-up. I would appreciate any detailed
            insights as to how this was done for NTS 2002 and earlier. If this
            isn't of interest to most z_scale group members, feel free to chime in
            via our BAZ_Modules group area:

            You have to join the group to be able to post, and I'm not sure
            whether Ted Lamar needs to get you checked in before you can post, but
            we'll work it out.

            All Z BeZt,
            Jim