MT Parts - They CAN be ordered (for a price)

  • Dan MacKellar
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
      Hey all,

      I found out that you can order shells, trucks, etc. for MT F7's
      (I've got 2 pairs of trucks on hand and a dummy chassis waiting
      at the hobby shop.) Problem is, they're not cheap. I priced out
      a Dummy Chassis and 2 shells and it came to more than an
      entire dummy (I think it was around $120 Cdn!!!) The chassis
      alone is costing me $35.00, as did each pair of trucks.

      I wanted to get two F7 shells in order to build a B unit, but the
      price wasn't worth it. My dealer did tell me that MT is tooling up
      for a B unit, but there's no release date at this time.

      So I'm going to skip on the B unit and I'm going to use the chassis
      instead to scratchbuild a GP9 Dummy (although as soon as I get
      some money, it'll be powered with an 8mm motor and an MT drive
      train). I also wouldn't mind building another chassis for my Marklin
      F-Unit. The details are a bit off, but if you mount it on an extended
      Microtrains chassis, it'll pass as an FP7(or 9).

      Ahh well, the joys of modeling North American Z =)

      Regards,
      Dan MacKellar
      London, Ontario's only avid Zed Head and Proud of it!
    • MMyers19@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
        Dan,
        I have a spare MT shell I can sell for cheap if you need it. I used the
        rest of the engine for a N scale shay.

        Marc
      • Lawrence L. Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
          ----------
          > From: MMyers19@...
          >
          > Dan,
          > I have a spare MT shell I can sell for cheap if you need it. I used
          the
          > rest of the engine for a N scale shay.
          >
          > Marc

          Hello Marc & Dan,

          I'd be interested in buying the MT shell if Dan isn't interested. Email
          me the price plus shipping and your address and I'll send a check right
          out. You can also check my ebay rating for reference also. Thanks,

          Larry

          Lawrence L. Smith
          Meadville, PA
          lsmith@...
        • Ed Scullin
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
            To the list. There is a small company called PennZee. Some of the
            items that they sell are F7 A&B shell resin castings. Have a pair tht
            I am evaluating. The A shells are identical in size to the Micro Trains
            shells, and the detail is fairly good. Don't know how to truly evaluate
            that since is will be subjective. Since MT does not make a B unit (at
            least I do not have one) I can't compare, but is is about the same bit
            shorter than the Maraklin B as the A unit is. They come with trucks,
            but the flash on the trucks is quite bad. They are sold to make tahe
            Marklin unit the correct scale size, but can also be used as dummies.
            PennZee
            133 Crums Mill Road
            Harrisburg PA
            17112
            Phone &17 540-8853.
            FAX 717 540 0761
            Email Pennzee@... Forget this, he doesn't read very often
            Phone after 530PM Eastern Standard Time, he has a real job also.
            I have no connection with PennZee other than a customer (satisfied)
            Ed Scullin
            He also makes/has resin heavyweight passengers cars, Gondola loads, and
            metal Streamline Penn K4 locomotoive shells