Re: US Oil

  • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
      Anders (and the list):

      > You US guys have both the Labelle oil and the Whale clipper oil you often
      > speak so much and well about. Here in europe it's hard to find any of
      these.

      > So here comes a small business idea for any US living person, sell them on
      > the web to us! I'd happily buy as long as it isn't a total rip off in
      price.

      Gee, Anders, there are times that I think there are 30 Z-modelers in all of
      Europe and 25 here in the USA. Hardly enough to plan my retirement business
      around. <grin>

      But here's what I will do. I can check with the post office to determine if
      Labelle is a "flamable" product, by their definitions. If it's not, then
      shipping it would only be $3.85usd by 3-Day International Priority Mail from
      the US.

      Within reason, I would be inclined to buy labell and mail to you folks over
      there without profit to myself. Would that be considered Foreign Aid by our
      State Department?

      I've already shipped felt tip pens over there for "rusting" track using that
      mail process. and it worked well (cash my way, product your way).

      I'll give them a call and let you know.

      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston
    • Ztrack@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
        I will take that chance!

        I can easily obtain Labelle Oil 108 (the one most used for Z scale). I will
        be happy to take orders and ship overseas. In the next week, I will get a
        price for the oil and present to the list with shipping costs.

        I will also look into obtaining the Whale Clipper oil. I am not quite sure
        where I can find this locally, but as soon as I find out, I will present this
        to the list as well.

        I hope this helps!

        Rob Kluz
        Ztrack Magazine
      • Ed Scullin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
          To the list
          In answer to Anders; I will be happy to act as a go between for our
          friends on the other side of the big pond. Let me know what you want,
          and I will try to find it for you, EMail you with price, and ship
          it/mail it to you. It wil always be "used for the customs form.
          Ed Scullin