US Oil

  • Anders Lattermann
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
      Hi folks!

      You US guys have both the Labelle oil and the Whale clipper oil you often
      speak so much and well about. Here in europe it's hard to find any of these.

      So here comes a small business idea for any US living person, sell them on
      the web to us! I'd happily buy as long as it isn't a total rip off in price.

      This could also be an item for the Z-trak magazine, Zclub92 has several
      products, here's your chance!

      /Anders
    • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
        Anders (and the list):

        > You US guys have both the Labelle oil and the Whale clipper oil you often
        > speak so much and well about. Here in europe it's hard to find any of
        these.

        > So here comes a small business idea for any US living person, sell them on
        > the web to us! I'd happily buy as long as it isn't a total rip off in
        price.

        Gee, Anders, there are times that I think there are 30 Z-modelers in all of
        Europe and 25 here in the USA. Hardly enough to plan my retirement business
        around. <grin>

        But here's what I will do. I can check with the post office to determine if
        Labelle is a "flamable" product, by their definitions. If it's not, then
        shipping it would only be $3.85usd by 3-Day International Priority Mail from
        the US.

        Within reason, I would be inclined to buy labell and mail to you folks over
        there without profit to myself. Would that be considered Foreign Aid by our
        State Department?

        I've already shipped felt tip pens over there for "rusting" track using that
        mail process. and it worked well (cash my way, product your way).

        I'll give them a call and let you know.

        Bill Kronenberger
        Houston
      • Ztrack@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
          I will take that chance!

          I can easily obtain Labelle Oil 108 (the one most used for Z scale). I will
          be happy to take orders and ship overseas. In the next week, I will get a
          price for the oil and present to the list with shipping costs.

          I will also look into obtaining the Whale Clipper oil. I am not quite sure
          where I can find this locally, but as soon as I find out, I will present this
          to the list as well.

          I hope this helps!

          Rob Kluz
          Ztrack Magazine
        • Ed Scullin
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
            To the list
            In answer to Anders; I will be happy to act as a go between for our
            friends on the other side of the big pond. Let me know what you want,
            and I will try to find it for you, EMail you with price, and ship
            it/mail it to you. It wil always be "used for the customs form.
            Ed Scullin