RE: Seattle Area hobby shops

  • Gary Beckman
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
      Jeffrey (and list)-

      Since I am mostly just a list (digest) lurker here, I thought I would
      contribute one of my favorite little hobby places in the Seattle area in
      exchange for all the useful info I have received. Pacific Railway Hobbies
      in Tacoma has a fair selection of Micro Trains cars and more specifically a
      fair selection of couplers and trucks (all styles). I bought a batch of
      Arch-Bar and Bettendorf trucks when I was in there last (about a month ago)
      and it seemed like the prices are good. He does also have a pretty good
      selection of Marklin Z cars and track plus Marklin HO and Maxi. You'll
      have to judge for yourself the prices on Marklin. Be warned that the Fred
      Meyer plaza that they used to be in no longer exists, they are down the
      street aways and a little harder to find. Call them for directions. Oh
      yeah, and be prepared for a couple of characters.

      G. Beckman

      #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
      # Gary Beckman Proceon Systems Technology Group #
      # Senior Systems Consultant Suite
      580 #
      # (206) 646-7389 11410 N.E. 124th
      Street #
      # gary.beckman@... Kirkland, WA. 98034 #
      #----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
      # To request information:
      info@... #
      # or visit us on the web at
      http://www.proceon.com #
      #----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      #
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
        Hi all,

        If anyone has some details on these and other favorite local hobby shops
        (addresses & phone numbers, for example), I will add them to my list of
        "local hobby shops worth visiting and that carry Z" at:
        http://www.creativelement.com/z/links/wheretobuy.html#local

        So far, I've heard about:
        Pacific Railway Hobbies in Tacoma
        Magic Mouse Toys in Seattle
        Eastside Trains in Kirkland
        Hobbytown USA in Redmond

        Thanks!

        -David

        http://www.creativelement.com/z/
      • Jay & Anne Greer
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
          Hi Group,
          The owner of Pacific Railwy Hobbies,I think his name is Dale if my memory
          serves correct, has an extensive Märklin HO layout at his home. I was
          invited to an operating session one Sunday when I was in the area. Most
          impressive and lots of fun! At the time I was there, he had a lot of Z in
          stock.
          Jay Greer/Der Wegmann

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
            Thanks for all the hobby store info - I've beefed up the "hobby shops worth
            visiting" page at http://www.creativelement.com/z/links/wheretobuy.html#local

            http://www.creativelement.com/z/
          • Gale Childers
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 15, 2000
              Greetings,

              I just joined the list and was reading the archives for November.

              Best selection of Z in Houston, TX area, at least that I've been able
              to find. :-)

              Owner, Race, is very knowledgeable and helpful.

              Spring Crossing
              1420 Spring Cypress (I-45N & Spring Cypress)
              Spring, TX 77373
              281-353-9484

              Gale Childers