Re: [z_scale] homepage corrected

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
      Ole Rosted wrote:

      > And I took the oportunity to put my latest picture of my grandson on
      > the page too.

      Joachim must be happy that you took the Marklin stuff out of the box and
      now you can operate some trains. I don't think that all the new tools
      mean anything to him.

      After all, Ole, you bought the trains for Joachim to enjoy. The tools
      are your new toys.

      Bill
      El Toro
    • Ole Rosted
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
        On Sat, 04 Nov 2000 08:53:36 -0800, you wrote:

        Bill:

        >Joachim must be happy that you took the Marklin stuff out of the box and
        >now you can operate some trains. I don't think that all the new tools
        >mean anything to him.

        Actually he is playing with the mock-up you suggested to be made when
        I was working on my layout. He cannot run trains on the track but
        arranging the cars in a long chain on the table makes him happy.
        He will have to wait until my code 40 track is laid before he can
        enjoy train-running. He will probably be around 10 then :-(

        >After all, Ole, you bought the trains for Joachim to enjoy. The tools
        >are your new toys.

        Oh yes - and we are having great fun both of us - with our respective
        toys!

        Also it makes me happy to announce, that my first frog is made!!
        Thanks to you and your excellent guidance. I milled a 1mm w x 0,7 mm
        high groove in my oak-block. The "legs" form a 170 degr. angle.
        I sandwiched a length of rail between the block and a coverplate (8mm
        plywood) to keep trhe rail in situ. Then I milled half of the track
        away, removed the rail and bent it back to a 10 degr frog. The tip of
        the frog is very well formed, the rail head being preserved and with a
        sharp edge.

        According to your instructions I haven't soldered the frog yet.
        Tomorrow I'll try to place it on the ties gauged to the straight
        stockrail. Could be, that I will make a new turnout jig before I try
        to do that.

        But first and foremost I'll reread your very instructive letter on
        turnout making. Thank you for helping me, I would never had
        been able to do this without your help.

        regards Ole
      • Bill Hoshiko
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
          Good work! Now you can go on to complete your first handlaid switch.

          I must also complete mine.

          Joachim is very lucky to have a grandfather who lets his little grandson
          actually play with grandpa's trains. Little boys at Joachim's age would
          rather touch and play with the trains than to see them just go round and
          round on the track.

          Bill
          El Toro
        • Jay & Anne Greer
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
            Hi Bill,
            Just wanted to let you know that when I am able to travel, I will pay you a
            visit. This surgery will require some time to heal. I'm busy thinking about
            trains but can't work yet.
            Best,
            Jay Greer/Der Wegmann