homepage corrected

  • Ole Rosted
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
      Hi,

      It was pointed out to me, that the clamps holding the block of wood in
      place on my milling machine weren't placed correctly.

      I therefore made a new picture with the clamps applied properly (I
      hope)

      And I took the oportunity to put my latest picture of my grandson on
      the page too.

      Links to both are still below the "welcome" on the first page.

      regards Ole
    • Bill Hoshiko
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
        Ole Rosted wrote:

        > And I took the oportunity to put my latest picture of my grandson on
        > the page too.

        Joachim must be happy that you took the Marklin stuff out of the box and
        now you can operate some trains. I don't think that all the new tools
        mean anything to him.

        After all, Ole, you bought the trains for Joachim to enjoy. The tools
        are your new toys.

        Bill
        El Toro
      • Ole Rosted
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2000
          On Sat, 04 Nov 2000 08:53:36 -0800, you wrote:

          Bill:

          >Joachim must be happy that you took the Marklin stuff out of the box and
          >now you can operate some trains. I don't think that all the new tools
          >mean anything to him.

          Actually he is playing with the mock-up you suggested to be made when
          I was working on my layout. He cannot run trains on the track but
          arranging the cars in a long chain on the table makes him happy.
          He will have to wait until my code 40 track is laid before he can
          enjoy train-running. He will probably be around 10 then :-(

          >After all, Ole, you bought the trains for Joachim to enjoy. The tools
          >are your new toys.

          Oh yes - and we are having great fun both of us - with our respective
          toys!

          Also it makes me happy to announce, that my first frog is made!!
          Thanks to you and your excellent guidance. I milled a 1mm w x 0,7 mm
          high groove in my oak-block. The "legs" form a 170 degr. angle.
          I sandwiched a length of rail between the block and a coverplate (8mm
          plywood) to keep trhe rail in situ. Then I milled half of the track
          away, removed the rail and bent it back to a 10 degr frog. The tip of
          the frog is very well formed, the rail head being preserved and with a
          sharp edge.

          According to your instructions I haven't soldered the frog yet.
          Tomorrow I'll try to place it on the ties gauged to the straight
          stockrail. Could be, that I will make a new turnout jig before I try
          to do that.

          But first and foremost I'll reread your very instructive letter on
          turnout making. Thank you for helping me, I would never had
          been able to do this without your help.

          regards Ole
        • Bill Hoshiko
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
            Good work! Now you can go on to complete your first handlaid switch.

            I must also complete mine.

            Joachim is very lucky to have a grandfather who lets his little grandson
            actually play with grandpa's trains. Little boys at Joachim's age would
            rather touch and play with the trains than to see them just go round and
            round on the track.

            Bill
            El Toro
          • Jay & Anne Greer
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
              Hi Bill,
              Just wanted to let you know that when I am able to travel, I will pay you a
              visit. This surgery will require some time to heal. I'm busy thinking about
              trains but can't work yet.
              Best,
              Jay Greer/Der Wegmann