Re: Re: LPS-1

  • WBolt1809@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 1999
      From: WBOLT1809@...

      ".....many roads lead to Rome !"

      May be this is not quite the to-the-point-saying in English, but
      nevertheless, it can be understood, I at least hope so.......

      (1) For years, I have been using something called "Lubra Metallic" for
      cleaning AND lubricating at the same time (...) and giving back "life" to
      locos that did not move a "mm/~0,04 inches".....No need to dismount, just
      open the cover of a steamer and apply it, close it, loosen the axles by both
      moving to and frow, as well as in both axial directions. On diesels/e-locos,
      I apply Lubra directly to the gears of the trucks from below, then loosen the
      gears by applying a toothpick to get them moving.

      Lubra is produced by "TOTAL", a big gas company. They even state that the
      developement is a derivate from experiences in space...... - it is absolutely
      resin-free,
      has tremendous "creeping" abilities, cleans, lubricates, does not attack
      plastic or printing, without leaving any grease anywhere.....

      (2) There is for excellent cleaning - one will have to lubricate afterwards !
      - a thing called "Seuthe Dampf�l" (..steamoil, YES !!!) It is absolutely
      fascinating to see a loco totally immerged ("dived" into...) this liquid,
      connected to a transformer, then put power to the loco....... There is a
      black cloud of dirt coming out of the loco and it continues running (swimming
      ?) faster and faster at the same position of the power throttle !!! - This
      liquid is expensive. - When seing this for the first time in my life, I
      thought it must have been a trick, some magic..... but then I had to admit
      that many years ago I must have missed the topic in physics that went on
      electrical non-conductive liquids..........Of course, you may use it for
      cleaning your tracks as well !

      ....if the above did not serve anybody....at least it was great fun to write
      it !!!

      Happy Zeeing altogether - whereever you may be !

      Wolfgang