homepage additions

  • Ole Rosted
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
      Hi again,

      It's an hour after midnight, and everybody but me have been wise
      enough to go to bed, therebye making it possible for me to contact
      the homepage-server. (It was an idiotic error message after all - I
      believe net congestion was what caused me trouble)

      So now my addition to the pages are all in place. Just below the
      Welcome on page 1 are two links: one to a pic of my grandson and one
      to two pics of my milling station (in the named order :-) )
      The pics of the milling station can be found via TOOLS | TOOLS2 also.

      Mounted in the motor is my one and only cutter - before I broke it :-(

      The URL is: http://home.worldonline.dk/fperosted01

      What do you think?

      regards Ole
    • jjabour
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
        Ole
        Very interesting.
        One thing you might want to try to cut down on the number of cutters
        you will break learning. You might want to practice on styrene, milling wax
        or dense foam. You can also join the modelcad list on egroups for alot
        of info and good ideas.
        John

        >It's an hour after midnight, and everybody but me have been wise
        >enough to go to bed, therebye making it possible for me to contact
        >the homepage-server. (It was an idiotic error message after all - I
        >believe net congestion was what caused me trouble)
        >
        >So now my addition to the pages are all in place. Just below the
        >Welcome on page 1 are two links: one to a pic of my grandson and one
        >to two pics of my milling station (in the named order :-) )
        >The pics of the milling station can be found via TOOLS | TOOLS2 also.
        >
        >Mounted in the motor is my one and only cutter - before I broke it :-(
        >
        >The URL is: http://home.worldonline.dk/fperosted01
        >
        >What do you think?
        >
        >regards Ole

      • Ole Rosted
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
          On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:38:14 -0500, you wrote:

          John:

          Thanks for your letter.

          > You can also join the modelcad list on egroups for alot
          >of info and good ideas.

          I went to the egroups site and searched for: modelcad.

          It couldn't be found. So I tried just: cad, and I got a couple of
          hits. Most of them for members only, but one: CAM_CAD_EDM_DRO
          (whatever this means?) I could enter and found this advice:

          >I NEVER mill a slot to the tool's diameter in one pass, because the edges are
          > ragged
          >due to tool deflection. I always use an undersized end mill and then
          >make a finish pass down both sides of the slot.

          I think that this is valuable information, and will order some 0.8 mm
          (GISP) mills for my 1 mm. grooves.

          JOKE ON:

          I sincerely hope that they will not break so easily as the one I broke
          yesterday!

          JOKE OFF

          About the modelcad group: is the name actually modelcad??*

          regards Ole
        • Alex W
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000

            > The URL is: http://home.worldonline.dk/fperosted01

            Ole,
            I tried to go to you site, but I got a "Server could not be found"
            message. Any idea why? (Though, probably by the time you get this I'll
            have succeeded at getting to your web page... Oh well.)

            - Alex W.

            "Trust in God.
            Believe in yourself.
            Dare to Dream."
          • jjabour
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
              Sorry
              It's called modelerscad

            • bjkronen@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2000
                Ole:

                Oh my. You really did good on this purchase. Congratulations on the milling
                machine.

                > http://home.worldonline.dk/fperosted01

                Bill Kronenberger
                Houston