Re: LPS-1

  • stevew@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 1999
      I have seen it sold in well stocked auto parts stores. I used to work in an
      aircraft maintenance shop and it was used extensively in light aircraft
      maintenance for lubing hinges, etc.

      Steve W
    • WBolt1809@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 1999
        From: WBOLT1809@...

        ".....many roads lead to Rome !"

        May be this is not quite the to-the-point-saying in English, but
        nevertheless, it can be understood, I at least hope so.......

        (1) For years, I have been using something called "Lubra Metallic" for
        cleaning AND lubricating at the same time (...) and giving back "life" to
        locos that did not move a "mm/~0,04 inches".....No need to dismount, just
        open the cover of a steamer and apply it, close it, loosen the axles by both
        moving to and frow, as well as in both axial directions. On diesels/e-locos,
        I apply Lubra directly to the gears of the trucks from below, then loosen the
        gears by applying a toothpick to get them moving.

        Lubra is produced by "TOTAL", a big gas company. They even state that the
        developement is a derivate from experiences in space...... - it is absolutely
        resin-free,
        has tremendous "creeping" abilities, cleans, lubricates, does not attack
        plastic or printing, without leaving any grease anywhere.....

        (2) There is for excellent cleaning - one will have to lubricate afterwards !
        - a thing called "Seuthe Dampf�l" (..steamoil, YES !!!) It is absolutely
        fascinating to see a loco totally immerged ("dived" into...) this liquid,
        connected to a transformer, then put power to the loco....... There is a
        black cloud of dirt coming out of the loco and it continues running (swimming
        ?) faster and faster at the same position of the power throttle !!! - This
        liquid is expensive. - When seing this for the first time in my life, I
        thought it must have been a trick, some magic..... but then I had to admit
        that many years ago I must have missed the topic in physics that went on
        electrical non-conductive liquids..........Of course, you may use it for
        cleaning your tracks as well !

        ....if the above did not serve anybody....at least it was great fun to write
        it !!!

        Happy Zeeing altogether - whereever you may be !

        Wolfgang