Re: contact cleaner/lubricant

  • Jacob Munkhammar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 1999
      >From: Jack Seay <jackseay@...>
      >
      >Also, have you ever tried something called LPS-1? It is a contact cleaner,
      >lubricant that conducts electricity. I wipe a tiny amount on the track with
      >my fingertip. It works better than any amount of track cleaning, in my
      >experience. I have tried WD40, but it didn't work the same.

      That is a principle I have been thinking about too - but only in theory.
      Pros would be better conductivity and protection against oxidation.
      Con would be that it is a lubrication and thus make the rails slippery. A
      problem with loaded trains going up-hill, I would imagine. Or?

      /Jacob

      - - - Jacob Munkhammar - - - jacob@... - - -
      - ARCHITECTURE - DESIGN - COMP.SOFTWARE - WRITING -
      - - - - - - http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~jacob/ - - - - - -