Re: [z_scale] Re: Look what went by my office/PDX GATS

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Charles Kuttner" <ckuttner@...>
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 5:50 PM
      Subject: [z_scale] Re: Look what went by my office/PDX GATS

      >> Loren, if you're enough of a fanatic, you could take Amtrak up from
      > Eugene and I'd give you a ride up to GATS, if the train schedule
      > permits
      .
      Charles, I'm driving up Friday night and staying in Albany at my
      daughters and will most likely drive up to Portland Saturday about 2 PM.
      Might get together with some of the group for Saturday night dinner or
      something? I'm open folks, so let me know.
      > Several Z folks have talked about meeting at Portland GATS [Great
      > American Train Show, with two Z layouts expected!!!]. I can't do
      > Saturday, how about perhaps 2 PM on the 15th, by the east entrance,
      > perhaps wearing something distinctive so we can recognize each other?

      I'll send you a email with a picture of me so you will recognize me easily.
      I will be looking for you at 2PM on Sunday like you mentioned at east
      entrance. While I'm writing, does anyone know the hours the show is open?
      > GATS is $6 with a canned food donation or coupon from gats.com. >

      I've got my ticket printed out, but will probably take some food along also,
      the folks need a helping hand. Let me hear from you Charles.
      Loren S.
    • elf_rohirrim
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Charles Kuttner <ckuttner@j...> wrote:
        > [Great American Train Show, with two Z layouts expected!!!].

        I just got word there will also be two modules coming from Seattle. So, we will have
        at least 4 layout contributions -- possibly a fifth depending on a colleague of Terry.

        And, between the two days there seems like there will be a dozen or so attendees with
        Z as a specific (only?) focus. (Be sure to come by Terry's PVDC RR at 1pm eiother/
        nboth days.) From which I will conclude that GATS is getting "Great"; and we'll do
        even better next time.

        Also -- for those interested in having supper together on Saturday --- contact Terry
        directly, so he has an idea of interest level and what type of place would be
        appropriate.

        Looking forward to seein' y'all.

        ELF
      • Charles Kuttner
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
          "elf_rohirrim" <elf-rohirrim@...> wrote:

          >I just got word there will also be two modules coming
          >from Seattle.
          >So, we will have
          >at least 4 layout contributions -- possibly a fifth
          >depending on a
          >colleague of Terry.

          >And, between the two days there seems like there will
          >be a dozen or so attendees with Z as a specific
          >(only?) focus.
          > From which I will conclude that GATS is >getting
          "Great";

          I agree with it becoming Great in the sense of
          wonderful. In scale, it's getting SMALL (or perhaps
          just z-tiny)

          chas