Re: More pictures of Marklin 2004 items

  • jim_manley_alpha_six
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi Richard,

      Don't miss the Faller package of five deciduous trees on page 39 of
      the catalog listed below! :)

      It seems as if the new Marklin Digital System controls are not
      necessarily limited to HO, but I didn't see any explicit reference to
      compatibility with NMRA DCC, just "new Marklin Digital system" that is
      "compatible with all previous Marklin Digital products" (or Deutsche
      translated very roughly to "Englisch"). There are references to "new
      mfx-Decoders" which have 16 functions and 128 steps, which sure sounds
      like DCC (and these are most likely limited to use in HO locos).

      Besides the nifty touchscreen with a kind of blocky-looking graphical
      user interface, one of the more interesting aspects of the master
      controller is that it has an Ethernet interface for control via a PC,
      whereas most DCC controllers only use a serial port. I suspect that a
      lot more than just throttle and function data will be exchanged over
      that Ethernet interface (~10 megabits/sec vs. ~100 Kilobits/sec via a
      serial port). I'll query my fellow fellows and gentleladies over in
      the Z Scale DCC group about this.

      All Z BeZt,
      Jim

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "richard_lai.geo"
      <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
      > And new items from Faller (page 36 only for Z out of the 44 page
      > catalogue)
      >
      > <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/faller2004.pdf>
      >
      > (OT) Below information of the new Marklin control for HO,
      >
      > <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/maesystem.pdf>
    • Flayrah
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
        For some reason my Adobe software won't recognize up these files.
        Can anyone direct me to a site that shows the 2004 information not
        in PDF? And does this information include US protoypes for 2004?
        Thanks
      • d.f.avila@att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
          Try updating the Adobe reader. The current version is 6.0