More pictures of Marklin 2004 items

  • richard_lai.geo
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      It provides clearer picture than the one from Lok Shop.

      <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/maez.pdf>

      And new items from Faller (page 36 only for Z out of the 44 page
      catalogue)

      <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/faller2004.pdf>

      (OT) Below information of the new Marklin control for HO,

      <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/maesystem.pdf>

      Regards,
      Richard
    • jim_manley_alpha_six
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
        Hi Richard,

        Don't miss the Faller package of five deciduous trees on page 39 of
        the catalog listed below! :)

        It seems as if the new Marklin Digital System controls are not
        necessarily limited to HO, but I didn't see any explicit reference to
        compatibility with NMRA DCC, just "new Marklin Digital system" that is
        "compatible with all previous Marklin Digital products" (or Deutsche
        translated very roughly to "Englisch"). There are references to "new
        mfx-Decoders" which have 16 functions and 128 steps, which sure sounds
        like DCC (and these are most likely limited to use in HO locos).

        Besides the nifty touchscreen with a kind of blocky-looking graphical
        user interface, one of the more interesting aspects of the master
        controller is that it has an Ethernet interface for control via a PC,
        whereas most DCC controllers only use a serial port. I suspect that a
        lot more than just throttle and function data will be exchanged over
        that Ethernet interface (~10 megabits/sec vs. ~100 Kilobits/sec via a
        serial port). I'll query my fellow fellows and gentleladies over in
        the Z Scale DCC group about this.

        All Z BeZt,
        Jim

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "richard_lai.geo"
        <richard_lai.geo@y...> wrote:
        > And new items from Faller (page 36 only for Z out of the 44 page
        > catalogue)
        >
        > <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/faller2004.pdf>
        >
        > (OT) Below information of the new Marklin control for HO,
        >
        > <http://www.modellbahn-kramm.de/maesystem.pdf>
      • Flayrah
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
          For some reason my Adobe software won't recognize up these files.
          Can anyone direct me to a site that shows the 2004 information not
          in PDF? And does this information include US protoypes for 2004?
          Thanks
        • d.f.avila@att.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
            Try updating the Adobe reader. The current version is 6.0