Invitation to meet at Portland (OR) GATS

  • elf_rohirrim
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      Terry Sutfin and I invite any "Z'er" in the general vicinity of Portland Oregon (including
      points east of Honolulu and west of Bar Harbor, Maine -- if you happen to feel close
      enough to come, or at least southern Oregon to Seattle) to meet at Terry's Poorville
      and Debt City Railroad (PV&DC RR) exhibit
      at 1:00 pm on either / both Saturday and / or Sunday at the

      GATS Show
      in Portland, Oregon
      [Portland Metro Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive)
      on February 14 & 15.
      Doors open from 11 am to 5pm
      Admission is $7 at the door
      (visit www. gats. com (remove spaces) and download coupon for $1.00 off)
      Or Just Bring a Donation of Canned or Packaged Food for the Food Bank Coalition of
      Clark County for $1.00 of admission.

      Terry's layout will be on show. I hope to have my little Z diorama set up, and Terry
      believes another local Z'er will also be present -- making three Z layouts for the
      first(?) time at a show that Terry has "dominated" the last few years.

      Come on by and say hello, swap ideas, comments, views and anything else you'd like
      (perhaps with the exception of rolling stock). I'm new to the Portland area (just
      arrived a week ago) and would be happy to see faces of those whose contributions to
      this list I have enjoyed the past many years.

      Terry would also like to extend the idea for anyone interested to gather after the show
      on Saturday evening and have supper somewhere nearby. If interested, please
      respond to Terry directly, as I may not be able to be present.
      sutfin @ worldaccessnet.com (remove spaces)

      Looking forward to meeting many of you.

      ELF
    • Charles Kuttner
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        On Feb 2, 2004, at 1:05 PM,"elf_rohirrim" wrote:

        > Terry Sutfin and I invite any "Z'er" in the general vicinity of
        > Portland Oregon (including
        > points east of Honolulu and west of Bar Harbor, Maine -- if you happen
        > to feel close
        > enough to come, or at least southern Oregon to Seattle) to meet at
        > Terry's Poorville
        > and Debt City Railroad (PV&DC RR) exhibit
        > at 1:00 pm on either / both Saturday and / or Sunday at the
        >
        > GATS Show
        > in Portland, Oregon

        Funny, this message came in the same Z digest as mine suggesting 2 PM
        Sunday 2/15.

        I think 1 PM Sunday 2/5/04 would be great, and we can solve the
        finding-one-another problem by meeting at the Poorville and Debt City.

        Terry was my first mentor in Z and he and I both enjoy the similarity
        in names of our railroads. [I didn't copy him, the name below has been
        my HO world for 20+ years.]

        Info on the show can be found at http://www.gats.com

        Charles Kuttner, MD
        Portland, OR
        http://cmug.com/~ckuttner/

        Otherwise known as:
        Col. Cornelius Kuttner
        Proprietor, psychopathist and microferroequinologist, Oakville &
        Poorfarm RR
      • Loren Snyder
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
          > Terry Sutfin and I invite any "Z'er" in the general vicinity of Portland
          Oregon (including
          > points east of Honolulu and west of Bar Harbor, Maine -- if you happen to
          feel close
          > enough to come, or at least southern Oregon to Seattle) to meet at Terry's
          Poorville
          > and Debt City Railroad (PV&DC RR) exhibit
          > at 1:00 pm on either / both Saturday and / or Sunday at the
          >
          > GATS Show
          > in Portland, Oregon
          > [Portland Metro Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive)

          Elf, I'll be there on Sunday at the Poorville and Debt City RR at 1PM.
          Hum.....I wonder where Terry got the name Poorville? I could name my
          railroad Goin Broke and it would probably look just like Terry's. Loren
          S.