Re: [z_scale] Milwaukee/Chicago Module Interest

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2004
      Please let me know if Ztrack can help your efforts. If you have a letter or
      announcement that you would like to send to Zers in your area, I would be happy
      to mail them for you. I can't share the list of subscribers, but can do the
      mailings. All costs are on Ztrack! This offer extends to any of the module
      clubs. I believe strongly in your efforts and am trying to find ways to encourage
      and support the Z scale clubs more. Just let me know!

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com

    • Greg McAndrews
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 9, 2005
        Hi Rob,

        I am writing you regarding the WizKidz module group.

        We have made tremendous progress since I last wrote to you. We have
        constructed 7 modules and a few "end" sections and have begun to display
        our modules at several train shows.

        The reception has been "overwhelming". Representatives of all the shows
        in the area have asked us to display: Madison, Green Bay, Milwaukee's
        TrainTime, and Kenosha.

        I have heard comments like, "It looks like this scale has finally grown
        out of a shoebox. It is really impressive."

        You can see a write up at:
        http://www.wisedivision.org/owlcar/OwlCar200502Final.pdf We got the
        biggest picture for the smallest scale btw :)

        Now I have an organizational question.

        As every group grows, we are seeing the need for some "rules" to deal
        with questions that our "regulars" and visitors have asked....like, "Can
        I just come and run my trains on your modules at a show even if I'm not
        building a module?".

        Do you know if any of the module groups have rules that describe things
        like, membership, officers, participation, dues, etc?

        I would appreciate a copy of these "rules" so that we don't have to
        reinvent the "wheel".

        Thanks for your help in the past and I thank you in advance for your
        help with this matter.

        Greg McAndrews

        Please let me know if Ztrack can help your efforts. If you have a letter
        or
        announcement that you would like to send to Zers in your area, I would
        be happy
        to mail them for you. I can't share the list of subscribers, but can do
        the
        mailings. All costs are on Ztrack! This offer extends to any of the
        module
        clubs. I believe strongly in your efforts and am trying to find ways to
        encourage
        and support the Z scale clubs more. Just let me know!

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com

        "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
        DoseZ!

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 9, 2005
          Greg,

          Congratulations on the successful growth of your club. The one module in the
          photo looks great!

          Yes, most clubs do need 'BI-laws' and rules to run well. Our local Z group is
          in the stages setting rules for operations and members. These can be as
          informal or formal as the club wishes. I am copying this e-mail to the Z-Bend-Track
          list. Maybe another club out there can send you a copy of their BI-laws.
          Billy Roden (roden@...) also has copies of BI-laws that he had distributed in
          the past.

          As for the question about running trains when one does not build a module ...
          interesting question. I would say yes, but with stipulations. For instance,
          you may not want a casual acquaintance or non member of your club just to come
          in and run trains. Some member will not have the resources or skills necessary
          to build a module. They can offer services such as running trains and helping
          during shows. These folks should be encouraged to take part and run trains.

          You should also think about the expectations of operations, especially for
          shows. For instance, trains should be in good condition and be able to run for
          extended lengths of time. This is extremely important for shows. You trust that
          your members will fulfill this. I have too often seen non members bring
          trains to shows only to have them fiddle with their trains and act as this was a
          building session. The public lost interest since no trains were running. Not
          good.

          I will check my records to see if I also have a copy of Billy's BI-laws. Bill
          K, do you have any materials on this subject?

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016