Re: More F7 details (Kristak Klear)

  • sjwood66
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1 4:51 AM
      I use it too for windows and windshields on F7s - there's a photo of my Penn Central
      F7 in the Photos section that shows Kristal Kleer in use. I'll try and take a good shot of
      the front later.

      Steve W

    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1 6:42 AM
        Steve,

        I really like the PC F7! I was looking up PC E8s for a customer the other
        day. I found that the PC bought a number of F7s from the Rio Grande. They kept
        the silver orange paint scheme and simply painted a black square with the PC
        logo on each side. What a strange looking loco that would be an interesting mate
        to the all black F7.

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com

      • sjwood66
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1 11:40 AM
          Thanks Rob! It was done as an article in ZTrack way back when, maybe '93? I have a
          copy scanned on the computer.
          And you bring up an interesting fact about the PC F7s, that's the very reason I have a
          DRG&W F7 waiting in the wings... :-)
          Know how I mentioned doing the SD45 in NYS&W? Now I'm thinking PC...it would be
          easier!

          Steve W

        • ztrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1 11:55 AM
            In a message dated 2/1/04 11:42:08 AM, stevewoodward@... writes:

            > Thanks Rob! It was done as an article in ZTrack way back when, maybe '93? I
            > have a
            > copy scanned on the computer.

            Wow, thanks for the memory jog. I remember the article now! Yes, a PC SD45
            would be alot easier!

            Rob

            Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd.