Got my first AZL loco - first impressions

  • sjwood66
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      Received my first AZL loco today, a Rio Grande SD45. What an amazing little loco,
      runs and looks like a dream. My initial reaction: What the heck can I sell on eBay to
      justify getting more! :-)
      I've only noticed one issue: The body shell can slide along the frame, and unless the
      shell is perfectly centered over the mechanism the trucks can hand up on the steps. I
      will come up with some method to prevent the body shell from moving. Other than
      that I am very pleased. I may also research the possibiity of moving the couplers in
      slightly so they are not so prominent.
      All in all it's been an amazing experience, one that I hope to repeat frequently. I
      posted a few pics in the Photos section, not the best but they give you the basic idea.

      Steve Woodward