Re: Platelayer's Video of the VEC

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2004
      Hello Bruce and all VEC enthusiasts,

      YES, I'm planning on attending NTS2005 in Cincinnati with the VEC.
      There may even be a Val Ease Summit module to show as well. If the
      planning goes well, there should also be an honest-to-goodness Z
      convention in the week of NTS.

      I wish to publically thank Svein-Martin for doing such a great job
      on the video. I've already profusely thanked him privately. I
      especially like the commentary <huge grin> and the wonderful slow-
      speed run bys of the MTL-powered trains. As wonderful as the video
      is IMHO there is no substitute to seeing the VEC in person!!! I hope
      to see you at future train shows in Europe and North America or at
      the Canadian Railroad Museum.

      Note, I equipped my entire fleet of MTL F7s with Chenier wheelwipers
      before Eurospoor. The video shows the trains running at
      prototypical cruising speed. The F7A and F7B on the passenger train
      are both motorized. Several times during the show I slowed the
      freight down even more. Unfortunately, the Marklin railbus,
      although running at peak form, would not run any slower than what
      you see in the video. This is a 3 pole version of the railbus. I
      can only assume that the 5 pole version would run a little smoother
      and more slowly.