Re: [z_scale] Amtrak California

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2000
      Hello Billy,
      What if I charge $5000 dollars apiece, you still want two? Send me $5000 as
      a down payment and you'll be first on my list. That way all I have to do is
      make
      two sets and I'll retire from the train business.

      Seriously though, I am going to be throwing a lot of survey kinds stuff out in
      the media
      as there are some serious negotiations going on for an expansion of Micron
      Art's
      business plan. Oops, I'm sounding kinda corporate here and one thing I never
      want
      to do is sound like some guy off in Valhalla holding a spear singing the
      praises of Brunhilde.

      Bottom line is, not many modelers have even seen a F59PHI, but once they do,
      they'll want one (or two). It'll be a couple of years, we've already got some
      nice
      rolling stock in the design melt furnace and will be coming out with these
      items first.

      Z scale is a great small market niche and therefor the risks aren't enormous
      as it would
      be in other scales. A serious mailout survey will be going out to all our
      customers as
      well as new kit announcements next month. I just thought I'd hit the egroups
      with the question
      for some really modern American diesels and electrics first.

      I doff my hat to Hans Riddervold. I'm hearing great things about the C44. Too
      bad it will
      be such a limited run. Those of you with some extra cash should look into
      Ztrack for the
      full story before it's too late.

      regards,
      Reynard