Re: Clarification on what I thought was radio controlled throttle

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2004
      Don't get all confused about Aristo RC controls. I use the system
      on my Gardenvale Short Line. The transmitter and receiver allow
      remote control of the voltage to the track (using any DC power
      supply for input. My choice for G scale is their 10 amp 16v power
      supply!) and many other accessories using the keypad. The throttle
      can handle 10 different channels. I use the system to control track
      power and, using a separate accessory turnout control module, to
      remotely throw 5 pairs of LGB turnout motors.

      The Aristo system also includes locomotive receivers that can be
      placed inside large scale locos or smaller scale trailing rolling
      stock but never Z scale. The receiver is bigger than an MTL F7.
      The Aristo system can work for Z as a simple wireless remote speed
      and direction control device but never as a wireless multiloco
      system.

      Once again the Aristo RC throttle is a well-engineered and powerful
      remote control system that works up to 300 feet from the receiver.
      You can certainly use the DC output of your MRC Tech II throttle
      (set the output on the Tech II at 10 volts) as input to the Aristo
      receiver. Your handheld throttle unit would then never send more
      than 10 volts to the track at maximum. The momentum function and
      slow-stop-reverse-accelerate function is a pure delight. I LOVE IT!

      The Aristo web site is a little weak on describing the workings of
      their products. If you have any questions about the system, give me
      a shout. I seem to know more about how certain things work than
      their technical people (personal experience speaking).

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. Merkle" <cmerkle@s...> wrote:
      > Thank you for your reply Nelson and for your attachment with the
      diagram of
      > how it all gets wired!
      >
      > I was going to answer you privately on this, but some of the other
      newbie
      > might learn something from this like I did.
      >
      > Please take a look at this website <http://www.aristocraft.com/>
      Is that