Re: [z_scale] Amtrak California

  • jjabour
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2000
      What a great web site

      -----Original Message-----
      From: D. A. Karp <z@...>
      To: z_scale@egroups.com <z_scale@egroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, October 12, 2000 12:41 AM
      Subject: Re: [z_scale] Amtrak California

      >I rode that very train a few weeks ago! I'd definitely be interested -
      >love to see something like it in a kit...
      >
      >For those who aren't familiar with this particular engine, see:
      > http://www.gmemd.com/locomotives/pass/f59phi/index.html
      >
      >-David
      >

      >At 10:51 PM 10/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
      >>Hello Z folks,
      >>
      >>How about a brass F59PHI, General Motors loco with 5 stainless steel
      >>passenger cars?
      >>Refer to Model Railroader issue November 1997, pages 96 through 105.
      >>
      >>Would you buy a set?
      >>
      >>Send us a note with your ideas and comments.
      >>
      >>Thanks,
      >>Reynard Wellman, Micron Art

    • David Sues
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2000
        unsubscribe

        "D. A. Karp" wrote:

        > I rode that very train a few weeks ago! I'd definitely be interested -
        > love to see something like it in a kit...
        >
        > For those who aren't familiar with this particular engine, see:
        > http://www.gmemd.com/locomotives/pass/f59phi/index.html
        >
        > -David
        >
        > At 10:51 PM 10/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
        > >Hello Z folks,
        > >
        > >How about a brass F59PHI, General Motors loco with 5 stainless steel
        > >passenger cars?
        > >Refer to Model Railroader issue November 1997, pages 96 through 105.
        > >
        > >Would you buy a set?
        > >
        > >Send us a note with your ideas and comments.
        > >
        > >Thanks,
        > >Reynard Wellman, Micron Art

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2000
          Hello Billy,
          What if I charge $5000 dollars apiece, you still want two? Send me $5000 as
          a down payment and you'll be first on my list. That way all I have to do is
          make
          two sets and I'll retire from the train business.

          Seriously though, I am going to be throwing a lot of survey kinds stuff out in
          the media
          as there are some serious negotiations going on for an expansion of Micron
          Art's
          business plan. Oops, I'm sounding kinda corporate here and one thing I never
          want
          to do is sound like some guy off in Valhalla holding a spear singing the
          praises of Brunhilde.

          Bottom line is, not many modelers have even seen a F59PHI, but once they do,
          they'll want one (or two). It'll be a couple of years, we've already got some
          nice
          rolling stock in the design melt furnace and will be coming out with these
          items first.

          Z scale is a great small market niche and therefor the risks aren't enormous
          as it would
          be in other scales. A serious mailout survey will be going out to all our
          customers as
          well as new kit announcements next month. I just thought I'd hit the egroups
          with the question
          for some really modern American diesels and electrics first.

          I doff my hat to Hans Riddervold. I'm hearing great things about the C44. Too
          bad it will
          be such a limited run. Those of you with some extra cash should look into
          Ztrack for the
          full story before it's too late.

          regards,
          Reynard