Movies from your train

  • elf_rohirrim
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      In the Nov/Dec issue of Ztrack, Rob Allbritton wrote of the fun of watching a live video
      being broadcast from the front of his Z train. He even called Movie Train [TM] "one of
      neatest toys I have seen in years." But he also cautioned about the price; in fact he
      mentions the expense (US$760) at least 4 times.

      I just saw an ad in Model Railroader Craftsman for a similar system that they claim is
      small enough for Z (however, it does not appear to come premounted on a Z flat car)
      that is being offered for about US$160 [Sorry, Rob!]. And the website even seems to
      have a special promo going for only US$120 [Even sorrier, Rob!!!].

      I have no idea how it compares with Movie Train and don't expect to purchase one
      myself. But if you are daring, you can check it out at:

      www. ghz-link. com (remove spaces)

      Just thought you'd want to know.

      ELF
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        In a message dated 1/30/04 1:13:24 PM, elf-rohirrim@... writes:

        > And the website even seems to
        > have a special promo going for only US$120 [Even sorrier, Rob!!!].

        LOL! We have seen this to. We will be reviewing and have an update in a
        future issue of Ztrack. It sounds like a great deal if it works well.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016