Amtrak California

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2000
      Hello Z folks,

      How about a brass F59PHI, General Motors loco with 5 stainless steel
      passenger cars?
      Refer to Model Railroader issue November 1997, pages 96 through 105.

      Would you buy a set?

      Send us a note with your ideas and comments.

      Thanks,
      Reynard Wellman, Micron Art
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2000
        I rode that very train a few weeks ago! I'd definitely be interested -
        love to see something like it in a kit...

        For those who aren't familiar with this particular engine, see:
        http://www.gmemd.com/locomotives/pass/f59phi/index.html

        -David

        At 10:51 PM 10/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hello Z folks,
        >
        >How about a brass F59PHI, General Motors loco with 5 stainless steel
        >passenger cars?
        >Refer to Model Railroader issue November 1997, pages 96 through 105.
        >
        >Would you buy a set?
        >
        >Send us a note with your ideas and comments.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Reynard Wellman, Micron Art
      • jjabour
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2000
          What a great web site

          >I rode that very train a few weeks ago! I'd definitely be interested -
          >love to see something like it in a kit...
          >
          >For those who aren't familiar with this particular engine, see:
          > http://www.gmemd.com/locomotives/pass/f59phi/index.html
          >
          >-David
          >

          >At 10:51 PM 10/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
          >>Hello Z folks,
          >>
          >>How about a brass F59PHI, General Motors loco with 5 stainless steel
          >>passenger cars?
          >>Refer to Model Railroader issue November 1997, pages 96 through 105.
          >>
          >>Would you buy a set?
          >>
          >>Send us a note with your ideas and comments.
          >>
          >>Thanks,
          >>Reynard Wellman, Micron Art

        • David Sues
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2000
            unsubscribe

            "D. A. Karp" wrote:

            > I rode that very train a few weeks ago! I'd definitely be interested -
            > love to see something like it in a kit...
            >
            > For those who aren't familiar with this particular engine, see:
            > http://www.gmemd.com/locomotives/pass/f59phi/index.html
            >
            > -David
            >
            > At 10:51 PM 10/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:
            > >Hello Z folks,
            > >
            > >How about a brass F59PHI, General Motors loco with 5 stainless steel
            > >passenger cars?
            > >Refer to Model Railroader issue November 1997, pages 96 through 105.
            > >
            > >Would you buy a set?
            > >
            > >Send us a note with your ideas and comments.
            > >
            > >Thanks,
            > >Reynard Wellman, Micron Art

          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2000
              Hello Billy,
              What if I charge $5000 dollars apiece, you still want two? Send me $5000 as
              a down payment and you'll be first on my list. That way all I have to do is
              make
              two sets and I'll retire from the train business.

              Seriously though, I am going to be throwing a lot of survey kinds stuff out in
              the media
              as there are some serious negotiations going on for an expansion of Micron
              Art's
              business plan. Oops, I'm sounding kinda corporate here and one thing I never
              want
              to do is sound like some guy off in Valhalla holding a spear singing the
              praises of Brunhilde.

              Bottom line is, not many modelers have even seen a F59PHI, but once they do,
              they'll want one (or two). It'll be a couple of years, we've already got some
              nice
              rolling stock in the design melt furnace and will be coming out with these
              items first.

              Z scale is a great small market niche and therefor the risks aren't enormous
              as it would
              be in other scales. A serious mailout survey will be going out to all our
              customers as
              well as new kit announcements next month. I just thought I'd hit the egroups
              with the question
              for some really modern American diesels and electrics first.

              I doff my hat to Hans Riddervold. I'm hearing great things about the C44. Too
              bad it will
              be such a limited run. Those of you with some extra cash should look into
              Ztrack for the
              full story before it's too late.

              regards,
              Reynard