Re: [z_scale] A question for the members re : Modules

  • bjkronen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2000
      Bill:

      > Is there some where on this list that gives the specifications for the two
      > different types of modules?

      I can't speak to the Dallas standard because I'm not aware of a place on the
      web where their standard is published.

      You can find information about our Z-Bend Track standard at:

      http://members.aol.com/zbendtrack/main.html

      At least to the extent of the concept and mechanical side of it. I've been
      working on modules and not HTML lately, so the site is not finished. I
      actually have the text and pictures for the electrical done and in the
      round2it stack.

      There are a few photographs of both standards taken at the Z-Track Magazine's
      1st National Z scale convention in May. Poke around at:

      http://members.aol.com/zbendtrack/Z-Show

      The names that start with HOU- are our modules
      DAL - are modules from the Dallas Group
      STAN - is Stan Jones modular home layout
      (four pieces)

      The Bill_Billy_Rob.jpg photo is of myself on the left, Billy Roden of Dallas
      in the middle, and Rob Kluz Z Track Magazine on the right.

      And there are also a host of ideas on the N scale version "Bend Track" which
      can be found at:

      http://www.advancenet.net/~pollock/bendtrack/

      We have no pride. We stole a lot from their concept. Its reflected in our
      Logo, which is similar to theirs, on purpose. Were we ever surprised by what
      worked in N but not in Z. At least all those growing pains are behind us now.

      I hope you find something on these pages that serves your needs and spikes
      your interest. The concept certainly has worked for us, both at home and on
      the road.

      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston