Re: KRAUSE-klammer

  • Ed Scullin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 1999
      Ole, it sounds like (to me) that you are describing a track guage.
      These would not be for cutting the plastic, but to verify that you have
      not distorted the rail spacing as you shape and secure the track There
      are both two point (for measuring spacing only at that point), and three
      point guages (for measuring, or holding the correct spacing [betwen the
      rails] at a point separated from an other point. I was able to buy some
      from Republic Locomotive works at:
      16 Little Cape Horn
      Cathlamet
      Washington
      98612
      USA.
      The part numbers are; RLW 2428 for the standard guage, and RLW 2429 for
      the three point guage. The price for each was US$ 2.95 as on the May 23
      1998 price list. RLW is a specialty supplier for Nn3 guage trains in
      the US. It is a part time business run by Marshall Thompson. His wife
      runs the place during the day, and he answers technical questions in the
      evenings and on weekends. Their phone number is (360) 577-6479.
      I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer. By
      the way the three point guage is designed for code 40 rail. The Nn3
      crowd do a lot of hand laying of track. RLW also sells skeleton
      switches of all types (number sizes IE 4, 6, 8, and Ys). the switches
      hve no ties (sleepers) but you can buy those from RLW also (both wood
      and printed circuit types, the also sell the code 40 rail.
      Ed Scullin
      Steam's supreme