Re: [z_scale] Loose rails

  • John Duino
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      My $0.02 as a lifelong model builder. My personal preference is the Zap
      line of adhesives ( I won't call them all CA's, cyanoacrylates, because
      they aren't).

      While I haven't tried it for this application they make one called
      Flex-Zap that remains flexible, like a stiff silicone. As someone
      mentioned earlier, true CA's are crystaline in nature, and are subject
      to failure under repeated stress cycles.

      They also make something called Rail Zip, but I have no experience with
      that.
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hello Tsa,

        Cyanoacrylic glue varies from maker to maker. I
        recommend: 3M, Locktite, Zap or Handibond brands.

        Not recommended: "SuperGlue" brand.

        But the strongest bonding method is with a good 2 part
        fast epoxy. Again, use the top brands recommended above.

        Good luck,
        Reynard
        On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 09:33 AM, tsa47 wrote:

        > Some of my Marklin rails are coming loose from their ties.
        > What is the best glue to glue down the rails.
        > I am thinking of using instant glue ( super glue ), but I believe
        > they will deteriorate over time and crystallize.
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Tsa
        >

        > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!� Highly addictive in Small
        > DoseZ!

        <image.tiff>