Re: [z_scale] Loose rails

  • John Duino
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      My $0.02 as a lifelong model builder. My personal preference is the Zap
      line of adhesives ( I won't call them all CA's, cyanoacrylates, because
      they aren't).

      While I haven't tried it for this application they make one called
      Flex-Zap that remains flexible, like a stiff silicone. As someone
      mentioned earlier, true CA's are crystaline in nature, and are subject
      to failure under repeated stress cycles.

      They also make something called Rail Zip, but I have no experience with
      that.
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        I had a similar experience years ago. I tried using CA glue to hold the track
        in place. This met with mixed results. Ultimately, I ended up replacing the
        sections of track that were the problem. I have had no problems since.

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hello Tsa,

          Cyanoacrylic glue varies from maker to maker. I
          recommend: 3M, Locktite, Zap or Handibond brands.

          Not recommended: "SuperGlue" brand.

          But the strongest bonding method is with a good 2 part
          fast epoxy. Again, use the top brands recommended above.

          Good luck,
          Reynard
          On Friday, January 2, 2004, at 09:33 AM, tsa47 wrote:

          > Some of my Marklin rails are coming loose from their ties.
          > What is the best glue to glue down the rails.
          > I am thinking of using instant glue ( super glue ), but I believe
          > they will deteriorate over time and crystallize.
          > Any suggestions?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Tsa
          >

          > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE!� Highly addictive in Small
          > DoseZ!

          <image.tiff>