Re: [z_scale] Results of my poll

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Joe,

      I am not surprised by your results. Here in the US, about 40% of subscribers
      to Ztrack model primarily European. I personally think that the Euro modelers
      are really neglected in the US, regardless of scale choice. The large number
      of Märklin dealers should give some idea of interest. In producing Ztrack, I
      really try to balance a mix of US and Euro themes. I think it is working well
      and gives Ztrack an interesting look and variety of articles.

      Happy New Year from another ETE member,
      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com

    • mrnosal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- Rob Kluz wrote:
        >... Here in the US, about 40% of subscribers
        > to Ztrack model primarily European.
        > ...In producing Ztrack, I really try to balance a mix
        > of US and Euro themes. I think it is working well and
        > gives Ztrack an interesting look and variety of articles.
        >
        > Happy New Year from another ETE member,
        > Rob Kluz

        Another reason why Ztrack is unique, as it seems to be the only
        magazine I can find in the US that does this.

        General model railroading magazines, such as Model Railroader, are
        North American (well, US + Canada) specific. Scale-specific magazines
        in the US, like "N Scale Railroading" and "N-Scale" are also NA-
        centric.

        I appreciate being able to see models, layouts and techniques from
        around the world. Same applies to the membership of this group -
        modellers in NA (and Europe) who model European trains, modellers in
        Europe who model NA (and European) trains.

        Now, if we could just get UK and Japanese models into Z-scale...

        --Mike (Euro (DRG) now, but planning a NA layout too)
      • Scott A. Whitmire
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          The problem with modeling Europe is that the railfan trips are VERRRYYY
          expensive :-)

          Truly, we tend to model what we see, or what we remember seeing. I think
          most people model the era in which they turned 11 (our world view is shaped
          by current events between our 11th and 18th birthdays), even if it's only
          subconsciously.

          >Joe,
          >
          >I am not surprised by your results. Here in the US, about 40% of subscribers
          >to Ztrack model primarily European. I personally think that the Euro modelers
          >are really neglected in the US, regardless of scale choice. The large number
          >of Märklin dealers should give some idea of interest. In producing Ztrack, I
          >really try to balance a mix of US and Euro themes. I think it is working well
          >and gives Ztrack an interesting look and variety of articles.
          >
          >Happy New Year from another ETE member,
          >Rob Kluz

          Scott Whitmire
          West Coast,