Re: Opinion of Halwa track and turnouts

  • Markus
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Halwa track products are very high quality, especially turnouts,
      when carefully installed. The sectional pieces are a bit annoying
      to work with, if you are used to traditional "Set Track" pieces.

      Halwa products are now made/handled by Aspenmodel.

      If I'm not mistaken, it appears that Aspendmodel does not make code
      55 track products for Z anymore (like Halwa did) -- at least
      according to their PDF US track listing. Original Halwa track
      products matched up with MT flex decently.

      I don't believe that their Code 40 products would be a good match
      for MT flex track (or any other brand for that matter). I would
      recommend that you have a look at Peter Wrights Z turnouts as a
      worthwhile alternative, if you are not willing to pay for code 40
      Aspenmodel track pieces. The Code 40 track does look amazing,
      especially if lightly weathered.

      Markuszzz

      > Still researching before I spend my sheckles. I've been reading
      > about track and since I want to model NA railroading, I want NA
      > looking track. Halwa looks pretty good to me, just wondering if
    • griffinfgms39157
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "loren snyder" <tealplanes4me@y...>
        wrote:
        > Still researching before I spend my sheckles. I've been reading
        > about track and since I want to model NA railroading, I want NA
        > looking track. Halwa looks pretty good to me, just wondering if
        it
        > would be best to go purely Halwa or maybe mix Halwa turnouts with
        MT
        > track? Anyone out there use Halwa and if so, what are your
        thoughts
        > and experiences with it? Happy Zew Year to all !!!! Loren

        Loren---In looking around zee, I ordered Code 55 turnouts from
        Aspenmodel (1250 & 1251) that I'm mingling with MT flex on a simple
        oval plan (cut down from HO plans). The t/o look great----only
        issue being tie spacing (as noted). I'll deal with t/o controls
        after deciding on DCC.....

        Cheers in the new year,

        Fred Griffin