Microtrains F7

  • Mike Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi Gang,
      I have a dummy A unit with Microtains Couplings and want to purchase
      a Powered unit but can only get one with Marklin couplings an over
      here in the UK at present. Is it possible (easy) to swap the trucks
      over so that the powered unit will have the MT couplings.
      Need to know fairly quickly because I have a deadline of 2nd January
      or I will have to order MT unit from the supplier and that might take
      a while.

      Thanks
      Mike
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
        Hi Mike,

        No problemo, it's simply a matter of removing the shell to have free
        access to the trucks. Then remove the two brass screws on each
        truck side frame and lift off. The couplers are part of the molded
        truck side frames. You simply switch side frames between the MTL
        equiped B unit and the Marklin equiped A unit.

        Jeffrey