Re: Centerline cleaner (was: marklin 86501)

  • Roger Shimada
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 28, 2003
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Elmassian" <greg@e...> wrote:
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Shimada" <rogershimada@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > snip ...
      > > > You can check out http://www.centerline-
      > products.com/rail_wheel.htm and look at
      > > an N scale D10.
      > >
      > > There are two things you should really know about a D10:
      > > 1. It's heavy. I don't think a Marklin loco can pull it.
      > > 2. Since it's an N scale product, I recommend putting in sims
      > between the car and
      > > coupler assembly. This is to bring down the coupler to an
      > acceptable height.
      >
      > Question: shims would only work on body mounted couplers.... aren't
      > Bob's "conversions" truck mounted?

      Mine has MTL couplers which are body mounted. I don't know what's
      used for the Marklin coupler version.

      Oh, and I forgot one more thing about the D10:
      3. It's N scale, so it's wider than anything you probably run - about
      11/16" or 18mm. The roller alone is around 1/2" or 14mm.

      It comes with a number of pre-cut Handi-Wipe strips to use.

      It is also obviously a rail cleaning car - no disguises here.
    • Roger Shimada
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 28, 2003